How to change Office icons?

S

skauch

I want to know how to change Office icon. I have shortcut on my desktop but whe i right click on it the button "Change icons" is disable. Do someone know an other way to change these icons??

Thanks

to change office icons u need a program like Microangelo 5, most other icons u are able to change, but not MS stuff unless u have third party software.

You can also right click your desktop-->new shorcut-->point to office apps of choice-->you can now change the icons. Should work.

I jsut download Microangelo, but how can i change the icon by an other one i already have?

If you're using Microangelo, right click the icon you want to change and click appearence

right click the icon and choose appearence and change it

Jewelzz beat me for once LOL

I start Microangelo librarian, then open the file "Microsoft Excel.ink". Then, i see a lot of icon, i right click on the one i want to change and choose replace. I browse to the icon i want and then i click open. I choose save as and it tell me that the file cannot be opened, the file may be READ ONLY or locked. But is the icon file read only or the .ink file read only??

do am i doing right?

no,

right click the icon on your desktop or wherever choose appearence there, don't have to start microangelo to do that.

I found how. I went to C:>Windows>Installer>{9028040C-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}> (replace > by backslash) and then right click on "accicons.exe", choose properties and uncheck read only box. I did that with "fpicon.exe" "outicon.exe" "pptico.exe" "wordicon.exe" "xlicons.exe". And then, I started Microangelo librarian, then opened the file "Microsoft Excel.ink". Then, i saw a lot of icon, i right clicked on the one i wanted to change and choosed replace. I browsed to the icon i wanted and then i clicked open. I choosed save and the icon is changed. I didn't reboot but i will and post an other message to let you know if it worked fine.

It worked just fine, all my icon are now change by the one i wanted.

Thanks for helping me Ice and Jewelz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back