how to change boot up OS

S

slick1

Hi all. i have installed 2 hard drives in my computer. C drive has XP PRO and F drive has 98SE. when i start my computer, it automatically boots up to XP without asking me. Is there any way i can make it ask me as it is booting up which OS i would like to log onto???

thanks
slick1

START-->CONTROL PANEL-->PERFORMANCE AND MAINTAINENCE-->SYSTEM

Click on the Advanced tab, then click the button under Startup and Recovery.

Everything from there is self explainatory.

I tried that, it would only recognize the windows xp. did not see 98se on the second drive.

Then add the entry manually:

Assuming the Windows 98 is the second drive:

Add this under Operating Systems in your boot.ini file (c:\boot.ini)

multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows 98"

He most likely installed Windows XP on one drive and Windows 98 on another at one point, then decided to combine the two drives into one system.

No no... Login to Windows XP. Then edit the boot.ini file in Windows XP to include the location for Windows 98. Don't forget to add a timer to the boot.ini file to (change the 0 to something else). This way, when you boot your computer, it will give you a choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back