How to boot with XP CD to repair?

A

AKHeero

Assuming it is a legal copy of XP, it should just boot off of the CD automatically if you have that option enable in your BIOS. If that doesn't work, you can download a program from Microsoft's website that will make boot disks for your particular version of XP.

D

DarkSiege

I can't even boot into windows. This error comes up saying a dll file won't load and I have to repair the file.

D

DarkSiege

Are those the same discs for setting up windows without having a previous OS installed?

A

AKHeero

Yes, just choose repair off of the menu instead of clean install. This should fix the problem that you are having with the dll error.

AKHeero

D

DarkSiege

When I went to repair, it gave me C:windows\ What command do I type in to repair?

C

CHUBB

help you

Make sure you boot from cd -rom in bios!!

Then at first notice of repair?ignore and carry on till it
gives you the ,next option to repair .

THEN: you should run through windows setup again
and it will rebuild your damaged or corrupt files.;)

D

DarkSiege

I told you, my CD just doesn't boot into this menu where I can select all that stuff. Help please...

A

allan

No, SFC /scannow is a Windows command and will only work from within the GUI.

If you have the originai XP CD it will get you to the correct place.

1) Change your bios to boot to the CD
2) When it boots it will immediately recognize XP is installed and offer to take you to repair console. Bypass this option and tell it to continue to install.
3) Two screens later you will be given the option to do a Repair Install. Select this option by pressing "R" (or just hilight the option and press "Enter") and the system will do a repair install, overwriting and repairing damaged or missing system files.
4) Remember to change the boot order back when you are done.

A

allan

No man, just do a repair install as described above. It will only fix the missing or damaged system files. If you follow the directions for the repair, your registry will be left (pretty much) alone and you will not have to reinstall programs.

C

CHUBB

no

Not all is lost!!Do You have two drives?partition or backup?
If you have other pc or hard drive handy ?SET windows up
on another hard drive transfere the file ,that way?
MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR DRIVE JUMPERS RIGHT ;)

D

DarkSiege

The only problem is, I can't use the CD to repair...(It's pirated crap)...me too poor to get another HD...:(

C

CHUBB

know

Do you know anyone with xp?
If so remove your h/d and ask the to copy
the missing dll to you sys32,folder.:cool:

C

CHUBB

Re: know

Originally posted by CHUBB
Do you know anyone with xp?
If so remove your h/d and ask them to copy
the missing dll to you sys32,folder.:cool:
:)

MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A SPARE IDE CHANNEL.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut