How to backup Outlook Express email folders and settings

Alissa

OSNN Newbie
I want to reinstall Windows Xp soon, as I got a virus and after cleaning the computer doesn't work as smooth as before. I gives some strange erros and sometimes it justs hangs up... I want to backup Outlook Express emails and settings before reinstall, and restore afterwards. Any help?

Use files and transfer settings wizard, hit start, programs, accessories, system tools, then files and settings transfer, hit next, select 'old computer', then next (wait a few moments) select other (such as usb drive, external disk, zip disk partition) next, select files and settings then check 'let me select custom list of files' etc, then next then remove everything on the right hand list except 'Outlook Express' then next, it will then save the image to where you selected earlier.

When restoring, you select new computer then go through restoring.
When you open outlook express after restoration to new install, you will see all your names (email names) no folders, click on each name, you are asked if you wish to download folders, select yes and it should also prompt for password.

Thats how I do it for friends and relatives, stopped them from spending $30 on some program that does just what I wrote but worse.

So you are going to pay for it when you can do it for free, with practise very easily.

Ohh my.

Alissa - if you just want a tool to back up your data Windows includes a backup wizard for free.

If you are backing up to reinstall because of a virus you need to clean the virus off first, including any latent copies that may be hiding in old emails, data files, restore files, etc. But once you've done all that clean up there is no longer any reason to reinstall.

Madmatt - Oink, sexist pig.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back