How to assign specific User profiles with gpedit ?

B

BoaVista

Hi there,

anyone there who can tell me how I can assign a specific User Profile edited with GPedit.msc to a specific user ??

I only knew that in Windows NT by using poledit.exe ... there I could create for each user a specific profile.

Using gpedit the role also affects me as an Admin.
Any conclusion on that ?

Thx BoaVista

Hmmm....

I figuered out which of those Topics in the gpedit.msc belongs to which functions.

The Computer specific roles affect all people using the computer.
The User specific roles affect all user using this computer.

I think the slight difference between those two Roles are concerning from where you are logging in. Logging in on the computer your are affected by the computer roles ... logging in by remote access you are affectetd by the user specific role.

But ...
how can I assign a role to specific user on the computer ?? I want to create a User with almost no rights ... he should only be allowed to start and use the internet explorer .... on the other hand the should exist an admin on the computer who can do all he wants ... ?? ....

any conclusion ? (otherwise I install NT there its no prob with poledit..... but there should be any possibility in XP .... but how ???

plz help
thx BoaVista

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back