How to apply your Style Xp Themes!

Re: Another way to load a theme

Originally posted by collideous
As explained above Style XP extracts all theme files into c:\Windows\Resources\Themes\. Once that is done you no longer need Style XP - you got all the necessary theme-files. To apply another theme just do the following:

- start the Group Policy Editor (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gpedit.msc)
- expand "User Configuration"
- expand "Control Panel"
- then "Display"
- click "Desktop Themes"
- right-click "Load a specific visual style file or force Windows Classic"
- select "Properties"
- in "Settings" click "Enabled"
- enter path to visual style (e.g. %windir%\Resources\Themes\Coughdrop\CoughDrop.msstyles)
- reboot
- you will now have the CoughDrop theme in your "Display Properties"

so how would home users be able to do this since gpedit.msc isnt available in home?

anyway to convert a msstyles file to a theme file? Just wondering about that.
Thanks
BB

Re: Re: Another way to load a theme

Originally posted by cky
so how would home users be able to do this since gpedit.msc isnt available in home?

Did anyone come up with a solution to this question.
Like it says in WINXP Home there is no 'gpedit.msc' under the the (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\) folder or anywhere else for that matter in the system32 folder. not even a hidden gpedit.

To get to the display properties right click the desktop & select properties. Although you don't need style xp to apply msstyles. You can use the patch.

Originally posted by jfrayzier
StyleXP was nice for a few days, then it screwed my machine up. All of a sudden all users were using the original "Classic Windows" theme... and you couldn't switch back to the StyleXP themes. Also, uninstalling StyleXP did not remove it's theme files. Neither did a System Restore.

haha same thing happend to me, so I reinstalled theme XP -

now it's been working fine for months. I knock it down to user error ;) . I believe the issue occurs when you start moding an existing theme and trying to save it under a different theme name. So far I have not been able to recreate this issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back