How to apply boot screens

D

dark_light

I have downloaded some boot screens but i have no idea to apply them.Any suggestions.
Thanx

Too hard for me. :D I use a program called logon loader available from the download section. If it is up & running that is. :eek:

I don't think Logon Loader applies to boot screen, but that could jsut be my version. :p

When people say boot screen do they mean like the ones in win9x, logo, logos, logow? Or is it another screen I know nothing about. (wouldn't be the first time) :eek:

I believe the file has the happy name ntoskrnl.exe...yay.

i have tried to run the exe file in the boot scrren folder but it says that this can not run in win32
i have xp with fat32 file system.Is this the problem ?
if not then mention the programs to apply boot screens
thanx

boot into safe mode, then replace the ntoskrnl.exe file in your system32 directory with the downloaded one (don't forget to back up the original). restart the computer.

My advice: Do a search on your pc for ntoskrnl.exe After you do that replace all, that are the same size, with the new ntoskrnl.exe I did that and found 4 and after ovewriting all 4 my boot screen finally changed. ONLY OVERWRITE THE ONES THAT ARE THE SAME SIZE. I think all the locations, that I found it were system32, dllcache, drivecache, and $NtUninstallQ317277$.

I have muti-boot to 3 locations of boot screens...one if for the default boot screen (the one that get change), another one if the normal bootscreen (in cause something happen to the new one that stops me from starting up using that boot screen) and a test boot screen (for when I'm making a boot screen, I can test it to make sure it well load me in and/or the picture shows with no problems ^_^ )

here... try this
go into the boot.ini file and where the name of the bootscreen exe file is(ntosbot.exe or sumthing) replace that with boot.exe

then rename the boot screen u want to use to boot.exe and oput it in the system32 folder...

easy as that
no safe mode involved, and if it dont work, just un edit the boot.ini file

You can go to the following site: http://www.bootxp.net/

Download the program "Boot XP"

This program will allow you to use either BMP,JPG, or ntoskrnl.exe
files.

All pictures will have to be 16 bit. If you use any other it will convert to 16 bit. Fyi, original willnot be touched .

has anyone had a system crashs ass soon as you boot when using a custom boot screen?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back