How old?

20 years and got my first computer when I was 15 (486 DX with 16 MB). My first 'real' computer (on which I could do whatever I want) is a Pentium III 800, with 128 MB (upgraded to 256) and a CD-RW(!!!) station. I am activily busy with computer since about 1.5 years, also as part of my school.
I spent about 12-15 hours each day behind a computer (including the time I spent with a computer at school).

22 here. My first "real" computer was a 386DX33 my dad bought 1990. Before that I had an Ericsson Step One and some other console type computers (a ZX Spectrum still rests in my closet).

i'm 28, partner in a PC shop, also a online gamer playing lots of clanbase match's so i guesstimate about 72 hours a week, depending on my drinking habits up the white lion :p

I had the spectrum 48k, the crappy rubber keyboard version, didnt get the genuine zx tape deck or thermal printer though....
I did discover, if u punched it really hard on the keypad it would reset itself, so there was no point upgrading to the new model with integral reset on the side :)

and the entire codemaster team was 2 spotty guys sat in there bedrooms when i got into gaming .....

2 years later one of em brought his 1st ferarri :confused:

I'm 23.

My first computer was a Commodore 64... played a bunch of games on that thing. My first real computer was a 486 DX... wish I could remember the specs. I spend 5-6 hours a day on the computer... probably will spend more after I graduate soon and get a job.

I'm 44... my first toy was a commodore 64

Got an Apple IIe on loan from my Daughters' school to play with (mid '80s)... went down hill from there. :p

First real PC was a 486DX with an 80MB HDD. Started to upgrade and rebuild it sooo much, where I learned about computers. Pretty much self taught plus ask lots and lots of questions. :D

If it ain't broke tweak it till it brakes, then rebuild it and do it again. :p

I’m 53 (where did those years go) and have been involved in computing since I was in the Army (circa) 1964 to 1975 before the advent of microchips which are merely a photographic method of producing printed circuits (and hence transistors) on silicone substrates using etching and doping just like silk screen printing.

Lots of things have not changed during this time there’s just more of them happening faster and smaller. I can remember Windows Ver 1.01 being released into the market when I was running concurrent CPM (from Digital) with a brand new 20 MB hard drive that cost a month’s wages running in one megabit of memory that the machine could not recognise but Windows could (the old tiled version).

That’s why it became so popular so quickly, it removed restrictions albeit introducing a few of it’s own as application developers struggled to conform to the new interface, indeed Word perfect (and others) did not survive the transition.

:( :( :) :)

45 here. Commodore 64 only for games. Then a cyrix pr+200. Nearly threw the damn thing out the window on a number of ocassions. Now I know a bit more I'm coping quite well. Tremors have stopped.......all thanks to NTFS. :)

I'm 21

Been usin real PCs since I was about 11 (first pc was 486DX4/100, 8mb ram, 408mb hdd)... first computer (non-pc) was an acorn electron :)

I work as an IT Technician so I'm on a computer for most of the working day from 9-6... then I sometimes go on my own PC at home for Q3 etc.

17, been with computers for bout 10/12 years. my first computer was an Amstrad which used tapes but had some really nice games on it :p

Originally posted by Khayman
Geeze you must be really tired ;)

scream.gif
ROFL ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa smart ass

Come on.. you know what I meant.

My first PC was (dare I say it...)... A Tandy. HAHA. I used to make boot disks so I could play the games that required more memory or processing power than I had. Those were fun times... You can't tweak your systems like that now...

19, only been really messing with PCs in the last 6 or so years. Previously it was just observing my dad, but I have sort of surpassed him now with the stuff I can do and produce on a PC.

My dad can just about turn one on and log in. When he first started using internet banking he got himself suspended within 5 minutes after entering the wrong password a few times. DUH!!

I have trouble respecting people younger than me, so I am not gonna tell (sure some other bugger will tho)

mess with pc's from the time I get to work to the time I go to bed (from 8 am to 11 pm - do the math) ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back