how much thermal goo to use?

K

krmanning

This is probably a dumb question, but how much thermal compound should I put between my CPU and heatsink/fan? My last processor/fan came with a little thermal pad thingy that seems to work OK, so I didn't have to bother with it then.

the system I'm putting together:
Athlon 2000
Soyo Dragon KT400
256 MB PC2700 DDR
Chaintech GF4 4200 64MB
WD 60GB 7200 rpm hard drive
on board sound and lan

A small drop nicely spread out with a razor; or something with a flat, thin edge.

baaaah....i just put a little on slapped the HS and fan on and it runs nice and cool

Volcano 7 with Hi-Med-Lo switch run from hardcano

and if it does burn out whocares.....a 2200XP is cheap :)

For you! I'd love for you to go out and get me one of those! I can't afford anything else then my Xp 1900. High School sucks.

In regard to High School sucking......enjoy it now !
Sometimes I wish I could go back.
Of course at my age fitting in would be even more of a problem.

lol.... fitting in.. true....
but agreed on the going back... i just graduated last year and am now working in a lumber mill.... good money but not very "mentally stimulating"... although i do plan on going back to school in a year or two.... but once your out you realize how good high school really was.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back