How much is my PC worth?

meancode

OSNN Newbie
Hi,

I have a PC that I do not use. A friend wants to buy it for her multimedia studio, so she will give me a fair price for it. Here are the stats:

- Pentium 4 Processor 3.06GHz 533MHz FSB w/512KB Cache w/HT
- 1GB RDRAM PC-1066
- Promise Ultra100TX2 IDE Controller
- 120GB Western Digital UltraATA 7200RPM 8MB Cache
- Pioneer DVD-RW A05
- Lite On 48x12x48x CD-RW
- Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro 128MB AGP Dual Monitor
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2
- Iomega Internal 250MB Zip Drive
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional

What should I sell this for?

I also have a Sony FD Trinitron 21” CRT, G520P, what could I get for that?

Thanks!

I'd say you have the equivelent of about ~$1000-1200 in the PC and ~$300-400ish for the monitor.

300 - Pentium 4 Processor 3.06GHz 533MHz FSB w/512KB Cache w/HT
200 - 1GB RDRAM PC-1066
50 - Promise Ultra100TX2 IDE Controller
60 - 120GB Western Digital UltraATA 7200RPM 8MB Cache
90 - Pioneer DVD-RW A05
30 - Lite On 48x12x48x CD-RW
180 - Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro 128MB AGP Dual Monitor
60 - Sound Blaster Audigy 2
25 - Iomega Internal 250MB Zip Drive
150 - Microsoft Windows XP Professional
?100 - mouse, kybd, case, PS
---------------
$1245 is replacement cost. Reduce that depending on age of components.

Sell at maybe $1000 depending on how much you like her. I wouldn't pay that much since it is only a 533 FSB. That'll hurt for multimedia system performance.

;) PS Don't show her this post..

SPeedY_B said:
Ken! Welcome back to the forums :D

SPeedY_B!! Its so great to be back!! Did ur blog/site go down? my blog has gone up in popularity actually. a lot more then i expected.

anyways for those who do not know, the main reason i started my blog was because i bought a pc for my small business because i thought i would write about my experiences. well im selling, thats the culmination of my experience.

thanks all for the advice on pricing. this will help me buy a dual 2.5 ghz g5 and new cinema display. i have enough in the bank for the g5, and selling this PC will allow me to get a nice cinema display, i think the 23".

LeeJend said:
Sell at maybe $1000 depending on how much you like her. I wouldn't pay that much since it is only a 533 FSB. That'll hurt for multimedia system performance.

well i guess i should clarify. this will be used for flash and director work, for that, i think this machine does great at, as i have used it for this a bit.

It's still alive, just moved, the complexero hosting got all screwy so I slapped it on speedyb.co.uk :D

Grabbed me a (old style, plastic) 20" cinema display not so long ago, definitely worth it :D You get to buy one of the pretty new aluminium ones too!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back