how much is my graphics card worth?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
Geforce 2 MX/MX 400
RAMDAC Integrated
32MB Memory
Version 2.11.00.18.00

Perfect working order. Boxed with screws n everything that comes with it including driver & utility disk. Been in use roughly 1 year.

how much would it be worth selling in £?
i got a new graphics card and i dont need this old 1 anymore so i just need to know what the reasonable selling price is.

about £25 i would guess. I have seen the 64mb versions for about £30

£25 new with a 1 year warranty, otherwise its worth about £10 -£15

www.dabs.com are doing a 64mb GF4 MX440 for £25 inc VAT

heres the quick links

Quicklinx: 2C5VWS

and @ £26 inc VAT theres the DDR version Quicklinx: 2847WS

thanx, is there anyhting i need to check to make sure it will work with my computer or will it just go straight in as normal?

make sure you have a brown AGP slot, otherwise it should work fine.

GF4 MX440SE 64MB DDR AGP RP VO

GeForce 4 MX440SE 64MB AGP VO

so what is the actual difference between these, which one should i get? price doesnt bother me too much because its roughly half of what i was about to pay

the £26 one is DDR memory, the £25 is SDR single data memory
so the 26 quid version will be better,

i have just checked my graphics card and...

on the sticker it says:

geforce mx-400/32mb+TV

does that mean i can watch tv?

if so i did not know that

and yes the card is in a brown slot

so would the ddr version work

yes it will work, and so long as it has the round socket for the TV cable then yes it will,

it has a slot, but i'm not sure what kid of slot it is.

If it's white, it's probably PCI. Unless you're talking about the card. If it looks too short to reach the AGP slot, it's a PCI card.

the slot in the computer is brown.

but on the card theres a sticker that mentions something about TV
and on the back of the card there is a slot i have not noticed before.

its a little similar to a mouse port although a mouse does not fit what kind of port will it be?

here is the attached picture of the port, although i dont think its anything to do with TV, whats it do? :S

It's an S-Video cable. If your TV doesn't have one, then you must get an s-video to RCA adapter.

yeh ive never heard of one in my life so i dont think my tv has 1 :)

where would i get 1, website. shops?

also how does it connect from the tv, all i have is scart lead slots and normal a/v arial.. and my camecube connects to my scart.

Forcer

The +TV probably means TV out. I never heard of an Nvidia card with a built in TV tuner which is what you need to watch TV.

The +TV usually just means that with the right cable you can plug the Video card output into a TV instead of a monitor.

Check the manufacturers web site for the exact model number of your card and it will tell you all the features.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back