How much is gas in your area?

The problem is that the oil companies are buying crude oil at prices per barrel that haven't been this cheap in decades. Remember this is value now as to value then. Now this was written in a few newspapers back a few months ago when the prices climbed like they are now. It was also written that these same oil companies where not, I repeat not passing on the savings to the consumer. Now the price for premium unleaded gasoline here in San Francisco has hit damn near $3.50 per gallon. Taxes do go to the upkeep of the roads but only a small amount. Now if the oil companies would stop giving their board of directors a raise every god damn time they felt the urge then maybe we would have realistic prices. But the top brass needs that extra million or two per year raise to stay in that life style they have grown accustumed to. Or that retiring VP of public relations (aka bullshiit artist) needs that 5 million dollar retirement bonus (why not give him/her that shiity cheap gold watch like every other hard working person gets).

Plus it's funny that all these oil companies get the exact same gas through the pipeline. I forget the name of it (the pipeline) atm. Once they get it they add their signatur additives. Then it is redistributed to their dealerships/gas stations in tanker trucks. Bottom line is all these oil companies have been paying cheaper prices on a barrel of crude for a bit now and they have yet to pass the savings to us, the consumer. And I don't care if you drive a hybrid or a frickin 5 miles to the gallon monster, $3.50 a gallon is still $3.50 a gallon.

Just look at what happened here in California when we had the so called "Energy Crisis". All those gas companies that just gouged California with rediculously high prices for natural gas. The state got reamed.

Companies that have so much power and control over a necessity such as gasoline or natural gas can and do make up shortages and such then they pad their pockets with our dollars. They have reserves of crude oil but they purposely have a high barrel amount to this stockpile. And they won't touch this reserve unless oil flow dipped below some rediculously low level. So as to say that only if in deed there was to be a catastrophic lose of oil supply then they would dip into the reserves. But they could inject a fairly large amount of crude into the market easily. Bring down prices dramatically and still have more than enough reserve if anything really bad happened to oil flow. But they won't, they sit on their stockpile and who gives a shiit about us. Do you see any of these oil company execs driving around in a hybrid? Hell no, they are all tooling around in town cars. Back 'n forth to their golf games, meetings with lobbyists, legislators or other public and government officials. They could care less about the price of gas. They have all the gas.

Evil Marge said:
I already own and ride a bicycle often,I'm a whizz downhill but don't like peddling back up :mad: :laugh:
You make me jealous.

rushm001 said:
91.9p/litre

Which is about 3.30 US$ Gallon approx. :(
90.9p Round here, some places charging 95+. It was only around 55p in NZ.

2.88 here

On my way upnorth to my buddy's property and its usually 15-20 cents cheaper there then here and luckly by the time I get there I am gonna need to fill her up.

Costs me almost 40 to fill up. Gotta get a tune up since it doesnt seem to idle right and my gas milage isnt the greatest for being a 3.1

If the "experts" are correct and the demand for oil will keep going up and the amount pumped out of the earth keeps going down, then we are all in trouble. If oil keeps going the way it is it will be over 100$ a barrel soon. And what is the limit? There is none. Im a pessamist and i wonder how high will it go before the US economy starts to crumble as it relies so heavily on oil? How high will oil have to go before the top military powers start "Taking" the oil to avoid the collapse of their contry? Sure it sounds outlandish but oil can only get so high before we start seeing major problems becuase of our heavy dependance on it.

You should all buy motorcycles; I get about 30-40 miles per gallon. Compared to my truck; about 12 miles to the gallon.

Well that cheap barrel of crude I had said before just went out the window. :( $75.00 (U.S.) a barrel as of a little while ago. Record price for a barrel of crude. This sucks.

Did anyone see a made for TV movie on FX about a year ago? It was called Oil Storm. However, the shortage was caused by a hurricane. Besides that it is very close to what is happening now.

I saw that, Matt. It was fairly good. I think the guy who plays in The Unit played in it.

Yeah I was right

Gas was 2.72 up north

I put my card in and started to pump gas but it was slow and then it stopped at 92 cents. So I figured its out of gas.

I pull up and do the same but my card keeps getting denied. So I go in and tell them about how the one pump is out and what was going on with my card. The checked and it keep getting denied.

I tried about an hour ago and it was still denied. I come home and check my banking and it says there is hold of $75 which means its still processing. Well I didnt spend $75 at the gas station since

1. The pump ran out at 92 cents which went thru and is paid for.
2. My car cant even handle $75 worth of gas

So I gotta call the credit union tomorrow and see what the hell is going on. I didnt think I was gonna make it home gas wise cause I was on the orange light for 20 miles and I havent pushed my car pass 10 on the light lol

Anyway...they need to find a fuel that doesnt cost more the gas and give us less gas mileage *cough e85 cough*

hmmmm you mean like ethanol? With our vast fields of surplus corn, we could be a major player in no time, but this is an oil President.

falconguard said:
hmmmm you mean like ethanol? With our vast fields of surplus corn, we could be a major player in no time, but this is an oil President.

Yep

I wouldnt use that E85 anyway. Like I really wanna buy something that gives me less gas mileage and costs more.

It is $.65 USD here...

I am currently deployed to Qatar... they dont pay SQUAT for gas... but hten again, they supply a ton of oil to other companies, and there are some refineries here... so I bet its an exchange of goods.......

mlakrid said:
It is $.65 USD here...

I am currently deployed to Qatar... they dont pay SQUAT for gas... but hten again, they supply a ton of oil to other companies, and there are some refineries here... so I bet its an exchange of goods.......

Damn

If it was 65 cents here I would be driving for no reason at all lol

I am actually getting nervious about with where gas prices are going too. Just over a month ago it cost me 35ish to fill up to where its $10 more. I am just glad I dont have my blazer where it would cost me $60 to fill up.

I wish I could fart and power my car with that type of "natural" gas - that would be SWEEET!

Thats good :)
I am all for hydrogen powered cars, I'll be damned if i cant come up with a hydrogen generator for my house, i hear that it is simple to transform a combustion engine so when i get the genereator working, then i'll retrofit a car

Tittles said:
Yep

I wouldnt use that E85 anyway. Like I really wanna buy something that gives me less gas mileage and costs more.

Most places selling E85 around chicago are charging ~$2.40-$2.60/gallon which is cheaper than gasoline right now (which is now moving to the summer E10 blend).

Yes, the miles per gallon is worse, but as gas gets more expensive, you want to start calcuating the miles you get per dollar to see which is really a better bargin. Plus, if you have a newer car, some of them get ~90-95% of the mpg on E85 as on regular gas.

When you start looking at gas in the $3.20-$3.30 range, the miles/dollar starts to swing in E85's favor..

However, if your car was not specifically built as a FFV (Flexible Fuel Vehicle) then I would still stay away from E85 since it can do strange things to an engine not built to run on in. Find a list of cars that officially support E85 here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back