How much for this? Just curious

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Intel Pentium 4 Computer System
512 L2 Cache
533 MHz System Bus
256MB Super Fast 266 MHz DDR Memory
300 Watt UL Power Supply / 80GB Western Digital 7200 RPM ATA/100 Hard Drive
16X Lite-On DVD-ROM DRIVE with Smart-X Technology 52X/24X/52X Super Fast CD-ReWriter
1.44 Floppy Drive
3-D Enhanced High Quality Sound
56.6 v.92 Fax Modem
100 Mbit Net Adapter
Chicony PS/2 Keyboard
Mitsumi Scroll Mouse
Multimedia Stereo Speakers
64 Meg Video
2 USB 2.0 Ports
Super Cooling Case Fan
Power DVD-XP, Supreme Office Suite, Nero Burning Software

Depends on the processor speed. "Pentium 4" couple be anywhere from $100-$500+

are you asking "How much would somebody pay for this?" or "How much should I pay for this?"

Also, without any specific components the price could vary. If you want to find low prices on these items try www.pricewatch.com You can find rather consistant low prices on most things at www.newegg.com as well.

A friend has one she wants to sell, I might be interested in buying it for my daughter.

P4 2.3 GHz, 512KB, PGA478, 533MHz FSB <-- whatever that all means LOL

You didn't have a monitor listed, so I say this assuming that it isn't included. I would probably pay about $600-$750 for it myself, but that's just me. Is it branded? (Dell, Gateway, Compaq?)

Thanks Un4gIvEn1
No monitor included and no, it's not branded.

It would be worth a little more if it were branded and offered any kind of warranty. If you can get her to sell it to you for arout $700 then you will have yourself a pretty good deal. Now, that's assuming that it also has an operating system on it. Windows XP preferably. Good luck!

No OS loaded but I have XP (yes it's legal) I can put on it.

Never had a Pentium, guess I can compare now :p

Originally posted by Jewelzz
A friend has one she wants to sell, I might be interested in buying it for my daughter.

P4 2.3 GHz, 512KB, PGA478, 533MHz FSB <-- whatever that all means LOL

P4 <~~~ CPU

2.3Ghz <~~ Speed

512KB <~~~ Cache

PGA478 <~~~ Hell if I know :confused:

533MHz FSB <~~~ Speed of the Frontside Bus (FSB).

PGA478 = Pin Grid Array 478 (# of pins) This is just simply the type of chip.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
PGA478 = Pin Grid Array 478 (# of pins) This is just simply the type of chip.
Darnit. You beat me to it. What he said. Well type of socket anyway... :)

I'd pay $550 tops for that. Two things: The RAM amount is a bit weak for someone like me, and the video card, though well stacked with RAM, there isn't a brand or model listed, which to me, is important.

No OS loaded but I have XP (yes it's legal) I can put on it.

But don't you have it on the machine that you use at home ATM??? Ya can't have it on both ya know. MicroSquish says so. :rolleyes: :p

I'm with Herkalees. Valid points, also the soundcard, no brand mentioned.

Sound, graphics, ram, are important components.

It's a good buy for about $500.00 or $600.00 but no more than that cause ya don't know if it works, since there is no OS on the machine. Plus you can pretty much buy a new one without monitor, same speed or a little better for the same or $100.00 to $200.00 more... and that's NEW with OS. :cool:

Also Video Card mem is only 64 MEGs... low end for the DVD. If she is to play any grafix intense games on it the Vid Card is a bottleneck. :(

Is this system new or has it bin used already? It sounds like someone just put this together and has not used it yet, hence the absence of OS. :confused:

Intel Pentium 4 Computer System 2.3Ghz ...............=$120
512 L2 Cache
533 MHz System Bus
256MB Super Fast 266 MHz DDR Memory....................=$100
300 Watt UL Power Supply ........................................=$70
80GB Western Digital 7200 RPM ATA/100 Hard Drive..=$125
16X Lite-On DVD-ROM DRIVE with Smart-X Technology=$50 52X/24X/52X Super Fast CD-ReWriter..........................=$85
1.44 Floppy Drive .........................................................=$20
3-D Enhanced High Quality Sound
56.6 v.92 Fax Modem ..................................................=$35
100 Mbit Net Adapter...................................................=$45
Chicony PS/2 Keyboard ...............................................=$10
Mitsumi Scroll Mouse....................................................=$25
Multimedia Stereo Speakers .......................................=$35
64 Meg Video .............................................................=$50
2 USB 2.0 Ports...........................................................=$35
Super Cooling Case Fan
Power DVD-XP, Supreme Office Suite, Nero Burning Software
approx Total=$805

Actually IMHO it is worth more as it is not branded. The reason I say this is that there is no pripitary^sp (brand specific) components so upgrades are easier. But I wouldn't pay more than $600 but I would offer $450 for it. And here is why.

First it is low on RAM, Actually quite low. It would be a much better system with at least 512Meg of ram, as XP uses nearly 200 megs all on it's own so It doesn't leave much room. It also only has a 300W PSU, And most modern system really need at least 350W.

The only real thing I see that it has going for it is that it is a prebuilt system, so you don't have to, and the cd-rw is a high-speed. But beyond that the rest of the components are inexpensive. I priced the components for you in the quote section. These are just ballpark figures. You can find them cheaper I am sure.

Her hubby built it with Pita in mind... He wants $500 :shrug:

i make that aprox £320 which i'd say is quite good for that spec,sure more ram etc would be nice but it's still quite good as a pc:cool:

<SPeedY-B> !convert usd gbp 500
<TehBot> Conversion From (usd) to (gbp) is (311.3905)

Seems a reasonable price, and the specs given will work fine as an everyday desktop machine, it wont run Doom3 at optimal frame rate, but who cares :)
I'd be perfectly happy sat in front of that machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back