How much for this? Just curious

it's better than mine @ the mo
blush.gif

The most she'd be doing is playing The Sims and listening to tunes

Originally posted by Jewelzz
A friend has one she wants to sell, I might be interested in buying it for my daughter.

P4 2.3 GHz, 512KB, PGA478, 533MHz FSB <-- whatever that all means LOL

if your friend is my friend,I'd ask her to give it to me for free:D
but to think as a trader I believe 900 bucks is enough:eek:

Originally posted by Jewelzz
The most she'd be doing is playing The Sims and listening to tunes

I guess it's fine, but it would be really really nice to have at 512 RAM, and not that measly 256.

Also, if she is going to be listening to tunes, how many speakers? If it's a nice system, it needs anywhere from a 5.1 card to a 6.1, onboard sound won't be enough....

I have onboard sound on my system and it seems to be fine. The memory isn't a problem, I can get that pretty cheap through work.

probably around 500-550 tops...

software? other than the os ?

if no software.. price will drop... also is there a warranty that is being transferred or was it a system built by someone your friend knew?

that also is a factor...

Over here in England (responsible for the original “Jehad”) we have “computer fairs” where you can obtain just about everything to do with computers at about a 20% to 75% discount (new with OEM guarantee) so I would never purchase a second-hand PC. For less than US $700 you could purchase a new machine and build it yourself including a flat screen (CRT) 19" monitor to your own specs.

Originally posted by Dave Holbon
Over here in England (responsible for the original “Jehad”) we have “computer fairs” where you can obtain just about everything to do with computers at about a 20% to 75% discount (new with OEM guarantee) so I would never purchase a second-hand PC. For less than US $700 you could purchase a new machine and build it yourself including a flat screen (CRT) 19" monitor to your own specs.

whats a jehad ?

Islam is the only true way of life: the rest is fake, foul and felonious; the People of the Book i.e. the Jews and Christians are not believers but infidels. They must be murdered or enslaved.

Don't you just love that :p

EDIT: How did this get from Jewelzz computer to a " holy " war? :eek: :D :happy:

Originally posted by Nick M
EDIT: How did this get from Jewelzz computer to a " holy " war? :eek: :D :happy:
I have no idea... dint really care.
I'm just here to show the difference between a big racist , a medium racist, a small racist and a family pack.

I'd say that was a decent system for $500 for the purposes you say it will be used for.

Anyways J, if its better than your comp.. swap them and you have the quicker one :)

Your daughter? Ah.. she won't mind

My system:

Operating System: (Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1 (5.1 - 2600))
Uptime: (6w 2d 4h 27m 41s) - Record: (6wks 2days 4hrs 29mins 42secs(Set on 06/04/03 using XP))
[19:54:24]
Memory Usage: (Usage: 367/512MB (71.68%)
(1-AMD XP, 1800)
80 gig WD SE

6 weeks... er... pretty stable then :D may as well stick with what you have J :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back