How much could I get for this??

Dr. Kramer

Who's Yo' Doctor?
So my brother gave me his old desktop rig about a year ago (Dell XPS T700r) with everything in it but a hard drive. Since I didnt' have a spare one lying around, it just sat in storage. But since I just got a new 160gb HD, I decided to take the 40 gb from mine and plop in in his. So my question is...
How much could I realistically sell this for (ebay or flyer's around school)?
And if I preloaded some software on it [XP Pro, Office 2003, Partition magic, Kaspersky, photoshop etc etc](but not provide CD's of course) could I 'technically' charge more?

Here are the specs
PIII 750
256MB RAM (PC133)
40GB HD
32X black Slot CD (sony CDU711)
Zip Drive 100MB
Floppy 3.5
Modem (PCI)
LAN (PCI)
Sound (sound blaster 512)
Video (GeForce2 256 --> but I could 'upgrade' this to an old Geforce4MX440)
Decoding card (PCI) [used as a video out if DVD player added)

I'm thinking 100-150 w/o software..
Maybe 200+ a little more w/ software pre-installed

Another funny point! this computer is so old it still has an ISA riser on it! :laugh:
DK

well if you find a stupid person you can sell it for a few hundred
other wisd your pricing scheme works.
sell it to an elderly person :) they wont know lol

You might get $150 with the software installed... $200 if you're lucky. Depending on the software, you almost might be better off selling it independently.

Edit: After re-reading your post, you said you would not provide the CDs for the software? That would be highly illegal, assuming you would be keeping the discs to use the software yourself as well.

muzikool said:
Edit: After re-reading your post, you said you would not provide the CDs for the software? That would be highly illegal, assuming you would be keeping the discs to use the software yourself as well.

But I'd be installing the software w/ my info and then selling the comp as-is. So I'm not really re-distributing the software as whoever buys the computer will be unable to re-install the software...

Is this illegal?
DK

Yes, besides software installed without the product CD is worth nothing, atleast to me and anyone who knows what they are buying.

Well right, but in my experience, most people know squat about computers....

Another option...what if I took this to a local computer store...any ideas how much they'd give me for it?

Yay, rip people off, you are a humanitarian aren't you.

Why not just donate it to a church or something and let them find someone needy to give it to.

j79zlr said:
Yay, rip people off, you are a humanitarian aren't you.

LOL... :laugh:

No, but this is the first time I've sold a computer, so I'm not too sure to expect...

DK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back