How many...

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Hi all!

How many 800x600x32 pictures (Jpeg) is it possible to fit on to 512mb of storage...roughly of course?

thank u

Well according to my "rough" calculations, my 800x600x32 images average about 200kb per image, so you could fit 2560 pictures in 512mb storage.
See what others have got to say though. :D

that many!!? Wow!

Thanks for the quick reply Ragnarok

No problems. :D
I'm not entirely sure though, I ain't very good at maths either! lol :eek:

Edit: The size also depends on quality. I have a few 800x600x32 images that weight over 500kb!

I think It would be around the 2,600 mark. Thats based upon 200kb Images.

I just took a 1280x1024 photo (lots of colours) and saved it with jpeg compression of 82 (similar to that of my digital camera) and it came out at 130kb.
So you could probably get more images on 512mb (4032.9 images if they're all 130k)

:)

yeah, it depends on the jpeg compression level of the images... which changes per camera.

but... letsee, mine does 1600x1200 at an average of 350k each... divide that by 1/4... 87k a piece for 800x600.

so almost 6000, in my case. that does seem a little high, but my math checks out. either way, it'll be thousands of images.

SPeedY_B..thanks for going to the trouble of doing that...much appreciated!

Thank you taurus too!

All this is very helpful.

Originally posted by Teddy
SPeedY_B..thanks for going to the trouble of doing that...much appreciated!

Thank you taurus too!

All this is very helpful.

That's what we are all here for... To learn, and to help others learn (well, that's what I'm here for! Don't know about everyone else...). :D

I'm here for the cake.... and the help thing..yeah, that to.

Ehm.. I ate it all :eek:
Henyman will bake us a fresh batch though :D

Just out of curioustiy Teddy, what is thie 512mb going into?
usb hdd? camera? oddly sized cd-r? :D

Heny, that may not be true, I can fill my 16mb Smart media card easily in one night out. thats 122 640x480 images :D
Good job I've got 128mb now :)

Well I was quite happy with the 16mb that came with my camera, as I say, that holds 122 images, and for general use that's fine.

But then I saw the 128mb on sale for £17.99 and couldn't say no :D

£17.99?????

i wouldn't say no!

my camera only has 2mb internal storage :( still hold 100+ pics though

Cheapest they've got now is "SimpleTech 128MB Smartmedia" for £21, mine's a samsung, and is doing a fine job so far. :D

100+ pics on 2mb? I take it that they're 640x480 and low-ish quality?

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Just out of curioustiy Teddy, what is thie 512mb going into?
usb hdd? camera? oddly sized cd-r? :D

I want to get a 512mb portable storage device (USB) so that when i go travelling i can store the vast amount of pictures i take on there (safely around my neck). Would hate myself if my camera got stolen and lost all my photos!!! :eek:

If anyone can suggest a quality sub-£250 digital camera lemme know!

Thanks

yeah it can take lots of crappy pics or about 2 good 1's!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back