How many systems do you build per annum?

So- how many systems in average year?

• Total voters

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
OK - this is for PERSONAL use builds of course - and you can include those you build for others to use but maybe not the cases where you upgrade just a processor (after all that is hardly a new system!).

personally I average two a year, one bwing for me and another maybe for someone who wants a freebie from assorted finds and leftovers as I build etc etc.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I built two new computers in 2006, but now that I am happy with the second one so I am just going to continue upgrading it.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I either get requested to build lots, or none, this year I only built one, and bought a pre-built (mac) :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
If you count machines I build for others, usually 5-10 depending on how busy I am per year if not more. I refer most people to Dell these days for basic home use, but I custom build anything that has reasonable needs.

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
0, i only have laptops :eek:

do quite a lot of playing about with other people's desktops mind, upgrades etc.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
mainframeGuy...where is my marmite? Hmmmm???
Wow! I'm impressed you remember - now then - I'll need to search over about five computers for your address.... which (I am guessing) may have changed.... Know I have moved abotu three times since then - if you care to PM me again maybe I'll see what is possible for Christmas.....

The good news is you can now buy it in plastic (squeezable) containers suitable for shipping.... So maybe it was worth the wait?

since I class replacing board cpu ram and video card a new machine, 1.5 a year :)

Although thanks to nvidia this mainbaord wont be seeing more than 2 months use, so if anyone needs a high end intel mainbaord free in london give me a shout in janurary:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ganster