how many SCSI-3 devices?

XeoNoX

OSNN Senior Addict
What is the maximum number of devices supported by a SCSI-3 configuration?

depends on the scsi card/controller most newer ones support 16 devices per channel - usually with the card being one of the devices on the chain (usually id#7) so 15
older cards or lower controlers at least 8 (again card being one of them)

some raid and top end cards may have more than one channel (2, 3, whatever) so say a nice mylex 2 channel raid card - 30 drives....... etc.

i guess i want specific enough, the original question pertained to a single channel. I just found out. What i was looking for was is.....on an 8 bit bus its 8 devices, and on a 16 bit bus its 16 devices

out of curosity how many LUN's are available on that mylex 2 channel raid card with 30 drives and how many are actually usable for drives?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back