How many Music files do you have ??

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I say Music Files because people don't just use MP3's anymore. So how many do you have ?? Whether it be mp3, flac, wav, musepack, AAC, etc, etc.

Me, I have around 60,000 .. I don't have them all on my computer though. Not enough space. So what I did was put what I listen to most on my hd and the rest are on dvd's ..

I usually rip in Flac or MP3 VBR Extreme. Depending on whether it is going on my mp3 player or on my pc. Since I just got an Ipod a couple of days ago, I might start ripping them in AAC format as well.

So come on folks, how many do you have ?

I still stick to mp3s because I have an iPod, and I don't really like AAC.

I have around 25GB, and it keeps on growing. That's around 3000 files. How the hell did you manage 60,000? :eek: How many GB are they?

I only have a little over 5000 all MP3's but a couple. It is about 7.5 gigs.

Last edited:
I have 1781 mp3 music files, equaling to 7.63GB, which would take 114:19:48:33 to listen to

Why are people lying, saying 5000 mp3s are 7gb??? look at mine.

I have 2449 songs, or 11.65GB of music which would take me 9:09:50:55 to listen to.

This is only on my laptop machine which only has legal music on it. My desktop machine which is seldom running, has markedly more than that. But as its not running and its a 5 hour drive away from where I currently am, so I cant check :p

Bman™ said:
I have 1781 mp3 music files, equaling to 7.63GB

Why are people lying, saying 5000 mp3s are 7gb??? look at mine.

Thats what I was thinkin

I was like ummmmmm ok

I rip them at the best quality so the file is larger that is why 5k is 7.5 gigs.

63 Gb currently, but with Christmas coming I will have some more CDs to rip.

40+ gigs ...different formats mp3, wav ect...

Most of mine are ripped from my cds and my dads

People aren't lying...you can compress mp3s at different rates. Therefore its possible to have a different numbers of files with the same amount of total storage used.

(You could have 1000 or 5000 at 7GB, it all depends on how you compress the songs)

iTunes says:
picture11qr.png
:)

The harddrive I had them on along with a few games I had installed died last Thursday (along with my Logitech MX518 tonight :( :( ). I haven't been bothered to rip/get any yet. I usually keep around 1000 though.

Grandmaster said:
I still stick to mp3s because I have an iPod, and I don't really like AAC.

I have around 25GB, and it keeps on growing. That's around 3000 files. How the hell did you manage 60,000? :eek: How many GB are they?
It comes from a couple of years of collecting. I haven't really checked the actual size of the whole collection. They are mostly vbr, with some being btween 128 and 192 - Those are mostly from my napster days though. and before I learned how to rip proparly. Plus with them being a dvd also. I have about 20 dvd's full of them.

If you think about the math here: A 128k mp3 is a meg a minute. So the average 4 minute song will be about 4meg. Multiply that by 60,000 and you have 240 gig. But with them being fluctuated in bitrate and quality I am guessing it is closer to 300 gig maybe more ...

35+ gigs. If I load them all into Winamp, the playlist would take approximately 3 and a half weeks to listen to without repeats.

:) I like MOST of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back