How low is your ping?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
How low is your ping? mines about 200 to 300 average i'm using a 56K modem

On cable mine is between 20-80 on most servers on my coast, (east) west coast servers I usually get 60-110

Well, I don't usually play online because I get appalling pings - last game I tried was Jedi Knight and I was looking at Pings of 800+ Not ideal for a first person shooter. I need broadband - just need to talk the missus round, lol.

i got cable and get just about the same numbers Qumahlin gets. lowest i've seen is like 35, though. anything above like 150 is just about unplayable when it comes to fast reflexes and stuff.

I have a hayes external 56k modem and i get 100+ on local servers and 200+ on servers in england eg demon and uk2.

You wanna try playing with a ping of 800 mate. Its like everyone else has their own personal teleporter and thewy jusy flick here there and everywhere. Thats just trying to keep track of them, never mind shooting them. Amazing that I fragged anyone at all really, must be some real poor players out there if I can still get kills in with a connection like that. Best not play online when I get broadband, might be embarassing for a few ppl, lol.

when i play mohaa on Euro servers i got between 15-70 , on US servers 100-150 :D

I generally see between 25 and 200 depending on the server. That's with cable. The lowest I've seen is 0, when I host.;) :rolleyes:

I'm on cable now and I get ~45-70ms. When i was on DSL I got around 17-40ms.

You asked! :p

Hey Hipster, we should get together and have a game of something - with your 400 ping and my 800 ping it could make for an interesting match up :D
Could be a long one though :rolleyes:

haven't played anything for a long time (since january/february) and I used to get pings ranging from servers in my area (namely east coast, florida area) of around 15 to about 150 on the west coast on not so good servers, playing RtCW and CS most of the time... but not for a long time... was playing RtCW demo then...

check out www.speedguide.net for some dsl/cable registry tweaks to speed up your connection if you think you are NOT getting the speed you should...

By the time I've hit the fire button I'm dead. A bleeding mass on the floor. :eek: It's always good to come across someone slower. :D

10-400 depending on location and server connection....im using roadrunner

Yeah, cheers Hipster :(

I have the dubious honour of having the biggest pings on the XP-erience forums, unless someone else knows different that is. At least GTA3 doesn't have multiplayer so I'll just have to be content with mowing down old ladies in a bus in a single player kinda way.

I'm still using 56k, but when I played RTCW Sunday, 1st time in months, I was pleased to see pings between 100-300, but it tends to vary.. sometimes really quick..others really slow. But I still manage to get kills.. my best was killin this cocky guy with a 65ping :D that was satisfying!!! :D

I'd like 2 be faster, but I can still kick butt with the best at the speed i have now :)

Dont matter how fast u r anyway.. its skill

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back