How is the program Backup my PC

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
How is the program Backup my PC for doing a complete hd backup with multiple partitions. I have a 120 GB HD with 3 partitions. One for XP, one for Data and one for Win 98.

If there is a catastrophy, heaven forbid, I want to be prepared by having a complete bu on cd that i can just boot from and restore everything.

Or is there another program that can do it better?

I love this forum, I hope I am not wearing out my welcome with all my questions.

Xcopy was made just for you. :D
Check the link in my sig. Using xcopy you can boot into 98 & save the xp operating system & vise versa.

I have and use Backup my PC on occasion - it is best used as a backup - as in when backing up folder/files etc - I would not recommend it for an entire harddrive.

You'd be better off with something Like Drive Image which Images a partition or the entire harddrive. BTW - Drive Image 7 has just been released and you can actually image your harddrive without leaving XP now!

Here's the link for Drive Image 7 Info

I have never used Xcopy - but if Hipster recommends it - it's gotta be god!

Acronis TruImage is very good and is quite cheap.
Try their website.

I use Drive Image Pro 7.0, very good, but there is also Norton Ghost that is also extremely good. All depends what you like looking at. (I hate the Norton logo!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back