• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How important is DVI?

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Hey everyone,
I just got a new monitor AOC e2243Fw 21.5 Widescreen LED Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, 50,000,000:1 Dynamic, 5ms, VGA, DVI at TigerDirect.com

And it doesn't come with a DVI cable, I Have a spare adapter (DVI to VGA that came with the card so I will still be able to do dual monitors) but I was wondering if I should spend the money on a DVI cable to make the image better. Does it make a noticeable difference (I was wondering specifically on a monitor this size since on my 17inch I have now, thats not super high-resolution Im sure I couldn't tell the difference.)

Also, does the cable matter if I do get a DVI cable, I found a 6 foot cable on sale on Amazon thats a CablesToGo for 10 bucks from 22, and it got a lot of good reviews, Without springing for a Monster which I think is a waste are there other brands that need to be had?

Thanks!

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
DVI is better in the regard that it is digital and VGA is analog. DVI is a step down from HDMI, and VGA is a step down from DVI.

Go DVI. Guy at work just got a computer upgrade annd they did not have 2 DVI cables. The montor they stuck him with a VGA cable on is illegible. He's not happy.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
I use HDMI with my monitor, because I enjoy the cable design better, and the whole HD is HDMI makes me feel better lol Even though I know DVI is the same.

I just wish video cards would incorporate sound into it, or something. Would be sweet.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Huh, so does the 5850, but I am pretty sure when I had my tv hooked up to my video card there was no sound coming from the tv, hmm must try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies