How i check the XP..???

• Thread starter michelldavid
  • Start date
M

michelldavid

Hi .. dudes anybody knows how i check the version of the XP if is 32-bits or 64-bits :eek: Thanxs

It 32-bit, unless you have a 64-bit processor, which you dont, because you would know :)

So... wath pc have a processor with 64-bits????, and how i know if i have a proccesor of 32-bits wen i buy the pc say in some place???, realy i don't know by the way i have a Pentium 4 of 2.4Ghz

Intel's only 64-bit processor is the Itanium. The Pentium line of CPUs are all 32-bit.

Cooool!!!! every day learn some new stuff... thanxs Netryder and j79zlr

And Opteron is AMDs only 64-bit so far, but the AMD64 is comming (some day...).

hmmm... i don't like the processor AMD, i had bad experience... hang on pc's, frezz images, and others stuffs, but some friends (a few really) says they don't have troubles, i think the AMD takes much resources to run, because they are so slow

I personally don't have an AMD, but i know that they are not slow, run just as fast as P4 do, although they do run a bit hotter. And a processor cant take up resources, because it creates them :)

hmmmm.... i think that to about the processor but in this stuffs some times happend weirds things... or you don't have it??

Well... lots of people have different experiences with different pieces of hardware. People often time form an opinion on what happens to them and not everyone else. If you had a bad experience with AMD then it is easy to assume that you may not ever want to go that route again. But, I am going to assume that your troubles were with the K6-2 line of processors (because they did have issues). There have been many new processors from AMD since. The Athlon Line and the XP line and now the Opteron chips (AMD64). They must be doing something right because they are such a close competator with Intel. :)

Originally posted by michelldavid
hmmmm.... i think that to about the processor but in this stuffs some times happend weirds things... or you don't have it??

Erm.....42!?

I agree completely with you Un4gIvEn1 from fact i do not have a AMD since more 8 o 9 years and i don't know how runs right now, but some friends have the Athlon or AMD XP, and still have it troubles, but like wath you say they keep treating to get down Intel

People sometimes put blame on certain components because they are unfamiliar with them. Sometimes the problem isn't the CPU, it might be the chipset on the board, or the memory... To each his own... I personally use AMD myself. Not necessarily because I believe it's better, but because the value and functionality are good. I do not despise Intel, but I would prefer not to use Intel.

you have reason..... and i respect that, maybe in the future use a AMD and swich for a Intel and send you an e-mail with virus.. ha ha ha just joking :p

Un4gIvEn1, I am going to buy a 2500+ athlon xp, what is your opinion, does it run too hot, is it fast enough, u are an amd user, tell me

Originally posted by Khaled
Un4gIvEn1, I am going to buy a 2500+ athlon xp, what is your opinion, does it run too hot, is it fast enough, u are an amd user, tell me

Hope you don't mind me butting in...

The 333Mhz bus speed allows for cooler temps and crazy overclocking. I've seen people take it to a 2700+ with stock cooling for long periods (NOT that I would recommend that :rolleyes: ). I have an 2100+, and recently have installed a couple 2800+ (same core as the 2500+) processors on friend's computers and they actually ran cooler than mine!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back