How I can fix The Photo Editor??

M

michelldavid

Guest
#1
Hi.... I use the Microsoft Photo Editor to make some changes in images but a few days ago i don't know wath happend the sofware don't let me move the propeties, neither in pixels, or color.... somebody knows like how i can fix this??, i allready reinstall and follow with that problem, anybody have a clue??? Thanx:eek:
 

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
#2
What do you mean by reinstalled? Format or loaded xp over the top of itself?
If it is the editor you reinstalled try doing a system restore if you have a recent restore point. Or uninstall the editor first then reinstall.
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#3
Hmmm... i already do that, i mean i don't load the XP again, i uninstall the MS Photo Editor and install again, i can install the XP again because a have a lot of software working good, and if i reinstal the XP i need reinstall all the sofware, (StyleXp, Iconworkshop,visuals, etc.) i think must be another solution maybe some kind of configuration???? or not??
 
J

Jason Roberts

Guest
#4
I thought that Microsoft Photo Editor is part of Microsoft Office. I have the shortcut under my Microsoft Office Tools menu in my Start--> All programs list.
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#5
Hi Jason, you have rigth, MS Photo Editor is part of The Office, and i remove and reinstall all the Office but the problem continues, i can change the propeties of a image, do you know how i can fix this???
 
J

Jason Roberts

Guest
#6
hi Michelldavid. :)

Just wondering. Is this what you mean? Are you having trouble trying to adjust the settings in this dialog box (see image attached).
 

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
#7
Isn't it possible to install just photo editor? Get to the setup of office & try a custom install. Install the editor only..........office is already loaded.......load the editor seperately.

I've done it before by doing something like that.
 

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#8
I don't think that you have completely uninstalled the program. You may have to surf through registry and Documents and settings and Program Files to remove all traces then reinstall Office. Might take some effort but it's better than reinstalling the OS.
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#9
Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Isn't it possible to install just photo editor? Get to the setup of office & try a custom install. Install the editor only..........office is already loaded.......load the editor seperately.

I've done it before by doing something like that.

Also I did that and do not work, first i repair the installation of Office, but not work either, then install all Office again and the problem continues i can belive, i think this is a menor error but i can find the solution :confused:
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#10
Originally posted by Jason Roberts
hi Michelldavid. :)

Just wondering. Is this what you mean? Are you having trouble trying to adjust the settings in this dialog box (see image attached).
No Jason that is not the dialog box, is in menu bar click in image, then change size and that is the dialog box i have lost, i can put a image because obviously it does not appear:confused:
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#11
Originally posted by coathanger007
I don't think that you have completely uninstalled the program. You may have to surf through registry and Documents and settings and Program Files to remove all traces then reinstall Office. Might take some effort but it's better than reinstalling the OS.
You know???... i omit the registry part, but as I said previously i have a lot of software installed and if i search in the registry appears a pile of words "office" and if i erase some that is not !!??? :eek: maybe we leave this option for the end; or wath do you think??
 

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
#12
Well, at the very least if you're uncomfortable deleting registry entries manually, use jv16 powertools or another registry cleaner. Most MS Office registry entries would be safe to remove.
 
L

Leevoy

Guest
#13
Is your office application upto date (XP sp2) 2000 (sp3)?

I had a problem with photo editor few months back; similar to yours.

I uninstalled it and cleaned it up with registrar lite, reg cleaner and by searching for other files and folders on the hard disk to do with office.

Then rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and then appllied service packs. Mustard it working as well as before.

{I wish I would not ask rhetorical questionz}:|
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#14
Originally posted by Leevoy
Is your office application upto date (XP sp2) 2000 (sp3)?

I had a problem with photo editor few months back; similar to yours.

I uninstalled it and cleaned it up with registrar lite, reg cleaner and by searching for other files and folders on the hard disk to do with office.

Then rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and then appllied service packs. Mustard it working as well as before.

{I wish I would not ask rhetorical questionz}:|
Hi... you see... I am going to have this present but, months ago has been installing the SP2 and the Photo Editor was working normal, this problem start some days ago, and I do not see any relation, and as said previously to coathagenr007 i didn't cleaning in the registry, but i am going to do it, and i hope that it works... i will say the good or bad results of this... but as I said I am keep going to have present your tip, Thanxs dude ;)
 
M

michelldavid

Guest
#15
Hey everybody guess wath.. I did all of above and this sht.... continues working bad, i think i have one solution... format the fu... disk, anyway thanx for all dudes
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,971
Messages
673,299
Members
89,016
Latest member
Poseeut