How I almost saw Bloc Party live...:(

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Here's the deal:

A couple months ago I found out that the musical obsession of mine that is Bloc Party would be touring a number of US cities. I didn't care that they were opening for Panic! at the Disco. I was just glad that they were coming to the US.

I prayed that they would come to Minneapolis. My prayers were answered.

Ecstatic, I immediately went to ticketmaster, found the show, put in that annoying verification word, and then prayed again when ticketmaster told me it was "looking for the best available seating". I had a mother****ing floor ticket!

So for the past two months the anticipation had been building slowly. I had plans laid out how I was going to be one of the first people at the arena, while smugly thinking of the good luck I had because the concert was on Thanksgiving (hence no college that day).

I was going to see my favorite band perform live, a few feet away from me. There was a very good chance I was going to be able to meet them too, since they aren't they aren't known very well around here.

Then I found out this morning that their drummer had one of his lungs collapse. Thankfully it was nothing serious, but the doctors have told them not to take any chances for a few weeks and they've cancelled all their remaining shows.

Now I'm stuck with a ticket for an absolute ****, frilly-blouse-wearing band that all the 13 year old MySpace scenesters listen to.

Am I missing something?

How did "Bloc Party" go from your favorite band to a "frilly blouse wearing" band? Did something change?

I didn't care that they were opening for Panic! at the Disco. I was just glad that they were coming to the US.

Then I found out this morning that their drummer had one of his lungs collapse. Thankfully it was nothing serious, but the doctors have told them not to take any chances for a few weeks and they've cancelled all their remaining shows.

That part wasn't there when I was posting, I swear!

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Dude that sucks! I guess your best option would be to sell off your ticket(s)... I wouldn't even go see "Panic! (I'm not even willing to type their lame ass name out)" if you paid me.

Good luck :-\

Yeah that sucks dude. Bloc Party is great, Panic sucks. Hello eBay.

eBay is an option, I'll see if someone on campus is willing to buy it first though.

It's been an interesting day though...their new album (which I've been eagerly anticipating for a few months) leaked today too :p

reminds me of when jimmy hendriz opened for the monkey one tour

this is true, and ya, obviously hendrix had plenty of people showing up that would puke if they had to listen to the monkeys

sorry about the loss gm

Last edited:
Interesting situation, does Ticketmaster offer refunds if the show lineup changes?

Am I missing something?

How did "Bloc Party" go from your favorite band to a "frilly blouse wearing" band? Did something change?

I think the "frilly blouse wearing" band is a reference to Panic! at the Disco.

Quite how on earth Bloc Party were supporting such shiite as Panic! at the Disco I'll never know. At least their name makes sense though... I'd panic if I ever saw them in a club!

Last edited:
i think ticket master does KC...i had bands chnage on me and got my money back..BLOC PARTY RULES..BTW GM..the new cd i sgreat...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back