how high can i go????

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i got an amd 2000+ CPU for FREE LOL, my dad got it from a busted pc at his work and the chip is still good,

now i want to experment on over clocking a bit here
how high can i fo with the FSB? like how high have other people gone on this chip? my bios can go to 400 and i got a volcano 9 with AC3 between it,

so how high safely (without smoking) can i go with it????

true but i just wanted to see what other people got it up to so i dont have to spend such a long time working on it

would be sweet if you upeed the voltage and managed to run it at 333fsb (2075mhz!). not sure if that's possible, though. i think others have done it. you might need to unlock it and lower the multiplier a bit.

If its the original 0.15 micron die you will max out at a combined fsb times multiplier of 2100-2200. That's a limit to the palomino design. I haven't seen anyone get any faster than that even with refrigerant based systems. BTW you can modify the chips with some super glue and rear window defogger repair paste to allow for multiplier overclocking as well as fsb overclocking (I did mine). Check out www.tomshardware.com for details.

If it's one of the newer 0.13 micron thoroughbred die the limit is up around 3 gig with adequate cooling.

I only went to a FSB of 139MHz. Any more than that I think I'll have problems with harddisk corruption. I wish my mobo had a 5:1 divider. Even so, my BIOS now thinks I have a 2100+ :)

Haven't unlocked the multiplier because its "factory" set to 12.5 and my mobo only has a max multiplier of 12.5. So even if I unlock it, I won't get anywhere.

Originally posted by LeeJend
If its the original 0.15 micron die you will max out at a combined fsb times multiplier of 2100-2200. That's a limit to the palomino design. I haven't seen anyone get any faster than that even with refrigerant based systems. BTW you can modify the chips with some super glue and rear window defogger repair paste to allow for multiplier overclocking as well as fsb overclocking (I did mine). Check out www.tomshardware.com for details.

If it's one of the newer 0.13 micron thoroughbred die the limit is up around 3 gig with adequate cooling.

does this only count for the 2000+? cuzz I have a first gen 1800+ running at 1.93ghz with a volcano 9 stable (about a 2400+)

I have'nt posted here in ages!! but the answer to your question lies in this forum: overclockers.com, it's the best place for info on
overclocking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back