how does this program work anyway?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
im interested in getting a program to always have a computer in a certain state, that way, if anything is erased, after rebooting it'll be like it was before that certain thing was erased.

ive checked out some sites and found this one:

http://www.winselect.com/pages/deepfreeze/dpfrz_info.htm?B13=More+Info

my question is, what exactly does it do? does it keep a type of drive image on the hard drive? im very intrigued by this, since if it is actually foolproof, i can secure my work's corp. network.

thanks,
Apu

Nifty concept. Reminds me of Terminal Server. :)

I'd have a problem with a sys or group of sys' "rewriting" themselves each time they reboot. Active Directory and managed desktops (users can't view/save to/install on/edit the C drive) kinda works well, from my experience.

yeah, thats what it says. that the c drive is "untouchable" so whenever you write to it, it gets erased. you have to save to another partition (a "thaw" space, as the page calls it). my question is, what exactly does it do to actually revert the system to its condition without taking too much boottime.

I've used this product before. It works quite well. I don't know exactly how it works, but basically it will lock down a drive so that any changes that are made are completely gone the next time you reboot. I used to run it on some old Compaq laptops and I don't recall the boot times being horrendous. They were definately longer than normal, but not too bad all things considered.

i didnt see that link Ziptrx, thanks. however, it still doesnt tell me how the program works.

thanks,
Apu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back