jkoXP

i'm thinking about building this:

Intel® Desktop Board D845EBG2
P4 2.4 (northwood) w/ fan (retail)
Geforce4 TI 4600
Crcuial 512MB DDR
IBM Deskstar 120GXP 80GB
Windows XP Pro Full

Not sure about the so-called Deathstar, but other then that it looks pretty good.

I dont you will be disappointed with that rig

am running that setup at the moment
xcept got 2 x 20 gb wd harddrives
ti 4400 asus
512 ddr ram
benchmarked about 11400 everything standard

oh yes, and an antec case with 330 PS i believe....

im trying to decide between this PC or getting a new surround sound sys with dvd built in. (already have both, but this is better)

Loose the IBM drive they are notorious for failing prematurely. Try either a Maxtor or Western Digital.

ill stick with the IBM, i have the 75GXP HD with no probs for 3 yrs

Id drop that IBM, slap in an ATA133 controller card and a nice lightningly fast Maxtor D740X whatever size you like m8.

Which manufacturer of the Ti4600 r u going 4 ? Id recommend a Gainward or MSI or Leadtek.

Id drop the Intel board and go for an Asus or Abit with Intel chipset rather than a board made by Intel, you might think your getting the best cos Intel make it, but you'll be wrong.

nope not going to drop intel mobo either... i dont care about o/c'ing

Fool you then m8.. I have warned you! :rolleyes:

You still get the same chipset, but better onboard options from Asus & Abit compared to Intel's own boards.

Overclocking HAS NOTHING 2 DO WITH IT!

why are you asking what people think if everything they say you just assume is wrong...

get an asus board, tis better, and the IBM is going to lock up on you, you'll p ay

ive built many pc's with the intel boards, great success and stability... i didnt ask what else i should add.. just asking how that one is..

Well I think its a good system. I think u should use whatever brand products you have had good luck with.

if you just want to know how that system is I am wondering what the hell this post is doing in windows technical support/hardware?

there is no issues with the system... it is an opinion he is asking for therefore someone please move this post to the approprate place... perhaps general chatter or something...

:)

i think you dont wanna learn from others experience,and buy wats tested and found ok.you just wanna buy that ibm,and make posts in hardware how it died sudenly.and the pc is rather average for these times,so why are you asking this silly-narcisoid question.why?

he DID say that he wanted to know what one thought of the rig being built... he NEVER asked for anything else...

telling him this and that will die is not going to make a difference based on the posts he already has put forth therefore let it be... no need to flame him...

I'm really confused, you ask for people's opinions then you still stick with what you posted, why post it in the first place?

If your happy with the setup, why post how do you think this rig is?
you thought everybody was going to jump up and down saying how great it was?
It's not a bad rig, however, you need to be able to accept that others might have different opinions on it.

:cool:

This is my point exactly...

Originally posted by Iceman
I'm really confused, you ask for people's opinions then you still stick with what you posted, why post it in the first place?

If your happy with the setup, why post how do you think this rig is?
you thought everybody was going to jump up and down saying how great it was?
It's not a bad rig, however, you need to be able to accept that others might have different opinions on it.

well I don't want the guy flamed as well, so unless somebody offers some good suggestions I am going to close this thread.

no need to beat a dead horse.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back