• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how do you save movie trailers with quicktime?

J

jkoXP

i have the latest version, and when i goto a movies website to view the trailer, i would like to save it.... its not saved in my temp internet files... is there another way to save them so i dont need to access their website to view the trailer everytime?

J

jkoXP

ok cool, ill have to do that... cus id like to collect them and other movie/trailers.. didnt realize that was an option ;)

J

jawshoouh

there's some option in the QuickTime control panel that toggles saving the movie in cache or not (kiosk mode?)...can't remember the exact thing, don't have QT installed on this work PC, but it's not ON by default, so you'll wanna change that.

You need to have Quicktime Pro (not free) to save them unless they are links in a format that can be downloaded like a normal file (eg: .mov)

N

NeoShaggy

In win98 you just have to search in the windows directory for *.mov files, but in winXP I can't find the files, but I know they're saved cause when I open the movie page again it doesn't need to download it again.

Edit: I found it, after the browser finish downloading the movie, go to Control Panel, Internet Options, in the Temporary Internet files tab select configuration, you can go to the temporary files from there and copy them anywhere you want.

I have win XP in spanish so maybe I traduced options names wrong to english. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies