how do you play mp3 on wind. media player

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
i have many mp3's that wil not play on the windows media player 11 beta 2. says that the file is an unrecognized format. ive tried searching and found that M$ says that MP3 are a security issue and the player will not play these extensions. is there a way around this to allow MP3 to be played?

i couldnt find any of the sort in the options menu. it shows that the default app for MP3 is windows media player...go figure.

hence why i never tried WMP11 beta's. you could just try using a different media player.... like Media Player Classic or Quicktime or somethin.

I have no problems playing mp3s on Media Player 11 beta. I just double click the file and it plays.

The certain mp3 files your trying to play might just be corrupted themselves.

just re-rip them from your cd collection. or re-un-drm them from your itunes library.

that might work, but people don't always know where they came from, old music files from long ago.

Use a mp3 converter (like dbPowerAMP) and just run the mp3 song though it and you'll have a nice new fresh mp3.

Use a mp3 converter (like dbPowerAMP) and just run the mp3 song though it and you'll have a nice new fresh mp3.

the files themselves work just fine on winamp. so i know the files are good. ill try this dbPowerAMP as suggested.

thanks for the help

hmm works in Winamp not WMP....the only thing I can think of is WMP11 beta, have have heard of many problems, and weird ones too..

try going back to previous version or something like that.

try going back to previous version or something like that.

Oh yeah, that's real fun to do. :p

I have been using WMP 11 Beta and now the second Beta. All works as it should, very odd. :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back