How do you make an XP CD combined with SP1?

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political Access
I hope I phrased this correctly. I once read in here that you can combine SP1 with an older XP CD. Is that true?

Also, is there a way to modify the setup CD so that you can add a non-default registry entry?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013

I have one of the WD 200 GB drives now, and, since I'm interested in making an SP1-enabled setup CD, I would like to add this entry by default, so that it is enabled properly.

Thanks!

Melon

Be warned, it doesn't always work for some reason, like in my case. I tried it, did it exactly, went to install after a format, then I received errors while installing. I can't really remember them, but one was something like "Expected version not found. Setup cannot continue."

it worked perfect for me, installed my own made copy a couple of times and never had an error.

btw i wanna know how to slipstream wmp9 and msn5

Same here worked perfectly.
To integrate something like Mediaplayer or custom drivers you can add a $OEM$ folder to the disc image. Haven't done it myself yet. There are some guides how to do it on the net. This one for example , it is for Win2k and in French language however. There are others as well, unfortunately can't find them at the moment.

Yea. I've used the tacktech guide, and it worked perfect. BTW, they now have Nero guide as well as the EasyCD guide. :)

I want to know how to add the latest drivers into the process, and wmp9 etc, like sboulema said.

Chensu.

I renamed the sp1 like they said and moved it to the folder I created but when I copy and paste the string in the run box it says "windows cannot find C:\XP...........Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. :mad: I did a search for the folder and it comes up in the search box.

Another one of these threads? Do noone know how to do a seach? I know that I have answered this one atleast 5 times in the past... anyways, for any of you who are not smart enough to figure out how to do it from reading instructions, give this a try. It's an automated slipstream tool. It not only lets you slipstream Service Packs, it lets you slipstream IE, Media player and hotfixes. It also lets you create a XP and 2000 CD on one CD! I came across this quite some time ago. I helped the guy figure out the hotfix, IE and Media Player installs. I do all of the automated RIS images here. If you really want to get into any HARDCORE slipstreamed images that install everything you could ever imagine, you could always just email me. I would be more than happy to help anyone. Or, just start another thread about it. I have done so much research on this subject that there isn't much that I couldn't answer. Anything from using cmdlines.txt to creating automated batch scripts to install something. Heck, I probably know just about every switch for just about every program for quiet/silent installs. And, if it doesn't have a switch, I know how to package it! :p Good luck everyone!

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
Another one of these threads? Do noone know how to do a seach? I know that I have answered this one atleast 5 times in the past... anyways, for any of you who are not smart enough to figure out how to do it from reading instructions, give this a try. It's an automated slipstream tool. It not only lets you slipstream Service Packs, it lets you slipstream IE, Media player and hotfixes. It also lets you create a XP and 2000 CD on one CD! I came across this quite some time ago. I helped the guy figure out the hotfix, IE and Media Player installs. I do all of the automated RIS images here. If you really want to get into any HARDCORE slipstreamed images that install everything you could ever imagine, you could always just email me. I would be more than happy to help anyone. Or, just start another thread about it. I have done so much research on this subject that there isn't much that I couldn't answer. Anything from using cmdlines.txt to creating automated batch scripts to install something. Heck, I probably know just about every switch for just about every program for quiet/silent installs. And, if it doesn't have a switch, I know how to package it! :p Good luck everyone!

WTF ever, I read the F in instructions and tried it, looked at the error page , none of the errors matched mine. I did a search on this site for slipstreaming SP1 and found this only thread. How much searching does one have to do defore he is a dumbass?

This was a question that every one should know, i did not see you get up in his face http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32606 :eek:

I wasn't trying to get up in anyone's face... I was simply stating that all of the information here is posted elsewhere. By simply doing a proper search you could have found the exact links here. Would you like me to post links to those threads? Anyways.. to answer your question. It doesn't take any searching to become a dumbass... some are just born that way!

lol, I do pretty for a carpenter, OK show me the exact link for my problem.

You are absolutely sure that every folder and file has the name and path specified in the tutorial?

Folder C:\XP with three subfolders C:\XP\CD-ROOT, C:\XP\XP-BOOT, C:\XP\XP-SP1 and the servicepack file called XP-SP1.EXE in it?

No extra spaces somewhere, an underscore_ instead of a - , or whatever.

Bucky: my original complaint wasn't towards you... it was the opener of the thread. When I said that there were other posts about this I meant about slipstreaming. I appologize that we got into a mixup about that.

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
Bucky: my original complaint wasn't towards you... it was the opener of the thread. When I said that there were other posts about this I meant about slipstreaming. I appologize that we got into a mixup about that.

It ok, it was a thread I reserrected from Feb. So it was pretty old.

Yes I'm sure the folders are the same, I'm done for the day. Thanks. Gotta get outside, too nice to be inside.

From what I remember you either have to not rename the folder/file(?) or name it to something other than what is written.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back