How do you clean everything off of a hard drive?

hey david, how about lessening the annoyance a little, we are just trying to help.

And moreover what i described in my step by step instructions, which are extremely simple to follow, is exactly what you want.

So once you have got the machine setup as described, just copy all the files you need from the secondary dell drive to the raptor drive. then do as you will with the dell drive.

David_L6 said:
I really don't see where it matters that I ghosted one hard drive to another and I never said that it was a new computer.... Maybe I should have worded it like this?: I have a functioning computer. I also have a hard drive that has OS installed on it. I want to get everything off of that hard drive so that I can use it for extra storage in my already functioning computer.

I thought my original question was simple enough. How do I get everything off of hard drive that already has junk on it so that I can use it as a second hard drive. (What if I wanted to give the hard drive that I am not using to someone??? I'm not, I want to use it myself.)

Appears that it's not as simple as I thought that it would be though.

I didn't mean to cause any confusion. I just asked how to go about doing what I want to do.

not a problem, just a misunderstanding... you are right the wording could have been slightly better, as should have my comprehension of what you were trying to say sorry..

lancer said:
hey david, how about lessening the annoyance a little, we are just trying to help.

And moreover what i described in my step by step instructions, which are extremely simple to follow, is exactly what you want.

So once you have got the machine setup as described, just copy all the files you need from the secondary dell drive to the raptor drive. then do as you will with the dell drive.

dont worry about it Lancer...

Im the one who got him annoyed, hehe... and that wasn't my intention..

:lick:

well how the hell can you get annoyed at someone who is trying to help, people shouldn't bother posting if thats their attitude.

Last edited:
lancer said:
well how the hell can you get annoyed at someone who is trying to help, people shouldn't bother posting if thats their attidude.

LOL, I spent nine years in the Navy... this is water off a ducks back..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back