How do two people share the same mail folder?

B

beachsa

My mate and I share a computer and are happy to use the same outlook settings, but we want to keep our IE user preferences seperate. When I log on and download mail I get all the mail in my user folder and the same goes for him when he logs on. How do I set it up so just the one folder exists so that it doesn't matter who logs on we can both access the same emails?
I hope the above is clear enough!

i dont think you can with outlook, but youu probably can with another email API. With outlook and can configure different profiles but i dont think you can combine it to share the same inbox.

I don't think you can. Each Profile will have it's own folder. Plus I don't think you should. :rolleyes: What if down the line you or your m8 don't want the other to read something? Right now you and your m8 don't care, but later on... ??? Allways better to be safe. For both of you. :D

i know how to do this with outlook xp or outlook 2000.... not with outlook express...

this is how you do it with outlook.... [you have to have admin priviliges]

1. go to where outlook stores your emails.... it's usually C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook .... you'll find a file with extension .pst... rename it to .bak ....

2. go to control panel... click the Mail icon... then click the Data Files button. then click on the Settings button... it will then tell you that the .pst file is missing and gives you the option to specify one... go to your mate's .pst file at C:\Documents and Settings\[your mate's username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook... click OK for everything.... start outlook and now you share the same mailbox.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back