how do new refineries help oil shortage?

Re: how do ne refineries help oil shortage?

perris said:
I can't figure out how building new refineries on old military land will pressure on oil supplies

the supplies are the supplies, refineries don't add to that number

so someone explain to me what the president is talking about when he says that putting un regulated refineries on military land will somehow ease the shortage of oil

am I missing something?

Yeah, I know, I'm late for the party. But the reason for this is do to all the frickin treaties the U.S. has with my ancestors (Native Americans... what you call Indians :eek: :p). Unused military land is supposed to revert back to the Native Americans. Remember the big stink at Alcatraz?

This way they don't have ta give it back... yeah rite, like they would anyway.

Oh, and if someone already thought about this and posted it, sorry. I haven't read through all the phsycobabble yet. :nervous: ;)

Wow...Mod doesn't agree with my post, post gets deleted. How mature. OSNN strike one...

GREAT DISCUSSION....:mad:

skizo, on this board we avoid flames and attacks when possible

the post that was deleted had no point in the discussion but to level a personal attack

make a point when you have one to make without personal attacks and as always on this board the post will stay

name calling spoils the conversation, and if it hinders the conversation, expect to see it deleted

repost whatever you want...no one is calling you names for your opinion, be kind and do the same

Last edited:

perris said:
skizo, on this board we avoid flames and attacks when possible

the post that was deleted had no point in the discussion but to level a personal attack

make a point when you have one to make without personal attacks and as always on this board the post will stay

name calling spoils the conversation, and if it hinders the conversation, expect to see it deleted

repost whatever you want...no one is calling you names for your opinion, be kind and do the same

Name calling? :suprised: I don't recall any name calling, and I certainly didn't flame...maybe a 'spark' at most.:p

let's leave it at that...you're right, it wasn't so bad, but it added nothing to the conversation and would have taken it off topic

what did you want to add to this discussion?

Last edited:

perris said:
let's leave it at that...you're right, it wasn't so bad, but it added nothing to the conversation and would have taken it off topic

what did you want to add to this discussion?

Ummmmm, a commercial break? :rolleyes: :nervous:

Just saw this...

NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - NYMEX crude for June delivery ended below $50 a barrel on Friday amid signs of a slowing U.S. economy and with ample supplies of oil available for gasoline refining ahead of the summer driving season.

June crude dropped last traded down $2.27 at $49.50 a barrel.

Interesting...

As is now obvious, supply is NOT the issue. Refining capacity and demand is the issue.

And then there will be the gratuitous refinery explosion/accident and then their capacity will deminish and the prices will go up... again. Funny how when there is a refinery incident that there is never a complete expanation as to what system(s) was/were damaged and so on. They always give a vage description and limited response as to if it will influence output. Then later on they come out with a report of limited production due to the damaged sytem(s). Kinda convenient.

Sazar said:
As is now obvious, supply is NOT the issue. Refining capacity and demand is the issue.

the price of gas goes according to the price of supply, NOT according to our ability to refine product, and refining product has nothing to do with our delema...the only problem with our dilemma is supply...refining capabilities are resolved in the market by the private industry itself

this industry has decided on it's own that it's better for them if they buy refined product rather then do it themselfs...

our only problem is supply...opec raises the price to supply, the price goes up, OPEC lowers the price the to supply, the price goes down

absolutely NOTHING will change if industry increases our capacity to refine crude...supply is the only issue...we can ALWAYS correct the liability in our ability to refine crude if they need to increase their capability

refining capabilities are evolving exactly how they are are supposed to evolve in the private sector

when this market demands that this industry increase it's need to refine crude, that will happen...NOTHING is stopping companies from investing in them selfs NOTHING....the industries own personal choice according to their own business model...THEY decided what they want to spend money on......now they want ME to buy them stuff?

let them buy their own stuff

refining issues, and new technology issues are resolved according to the market, not according to the old;

"I want to get a free ride, and I don't want to pay for my new stuff"

"I want everyone else to pay...why should I invest in myself when my pal is in office and can get everybody else to do it for me"

right now these companies have decided it's more feasible to buy product already refined then to build the facility they need to build...that's the way the economy is SUPPOSED to work and it's working...that's the decision this industry has made FOR ITSELF

they want to get everybody else to pay for their new facilities since they can get their pal in office to go along?

so what you are saying is that I have to buy these facilities for these companies and I don't get to own a piece of the company ? ! ?

huh?

what?

what kind of Marxism is that?

what kind of welfare ?

giving free reign so that an industry doesn't have to pay what they are supposed to pay when they want new stuff is a strategy that costs us MORE not less

and I'm not talking about "in the future" only, it cost us more from the very start.

it's not ANY kind of strategy for our future or present

of course it costs THAT industry less...the rest of us WILL pay the bill for that buck THEY put in their pocket at the expense of your wallet

are we gonna do the same thing for whoever else doesn't want to pay their rent just because they are Bush pals?? how this;

"I don't want to pay for air conditioning my business, I think you should pay it...this way I can make more money...let me call my pal the president"

"I don't want to buy the new tools I need to fix cars...you have to buy them for me so I can make more money...let me call my old pal"

or more on point;

"I don't want to clean the crap I leave on your yard, the grudge I dump into your drinking water, and I don't want to clean the air I frig up, this way I can make MUCH more money then even what I'm making now, and that's a good thing...let me call my good old pal"

and even more on point

"I want to break the law, I don't want to follow the laws you passed cuz I don't like them...I want exemption, and I know the president

"I don't care that you passed the law to force me to clean my crud...I don't care that you did it to protect your children and the future of your country...I want to break the law and my friend is the president"

I can make more money if I call my good old Budd the president"

I don't want to give these big profitable businesses welfare...we just got rid of the big welfare bill...who wants to pay a bigger bill of welfare?

this industry is running what's SUPPOSED to be a bussiness....if they can't invest in their company they need to go out of business.

they need pay the cost of their own investment and pass the expense on to their consumer... or make less money...one or the other

well, not always in this case...if your buddy is in office, then you get the middle class to pay your bill, you won't even have to pay them back

I maintain, refining is not the issue, supply is the issue

Last edited:

Patriot
now is the time to buy that gasoline futures index you were looking at :laugh:

Consider, that the price of gasoline goes up in the sunmmer months and with gas the price it is, Bush begging the Saudi's to increase supply. You can bet OPEC will figure this out and drop production.

Prices that low at the moment, why you could make a killing...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back