How do I.....

O

olivierfw

...find out what programme is trying to open a certain .exe file?

My antivirus software found a trojan in an "openme.exe" file in my windows/system/ directory, which I had to delete.

But now, each time windows starts, I get an error saying that it is looking for the "openme.exe" file!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Oli

go to start, run, and then type msconfig. Check all tabs for anything related to openme.exe and then deactivate it. save, and then reboot. that should solve the problem (this problem was already talked here, wasn't it?)

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I tried msconfig, and I can't see anything there that calls up this "openme.exe".

Is there a third party programme or other windows feature I should try?

Cheers

Oli

search your registry for the openme.exe file and delete any reference to it
BACK UP REG FIRST

Some trojans will place themselves in the .ini files too... So do this: Start > Run > type: "sysedit" and click OK.

Go through all the windows, and search for your file in each of them. When you fond the line, you can safely delete it.

It could also be in the registry. So run regedit, and do a full search starting at the root. Delete any occurence of the program (be carefull here, do backups like the guy above said...)

Thanks for that - found the culprit and removed it from the reg!

Cheers

Oli

hey, whats with the

"Cheers

Oli"

at the end of all ur messages??

Hey, whats with the

sig3.jpg

at the end of your messages? ;)

Yeah Dazz, you're the last person who should talk with that huge, "look at me" kinda signature you've got... lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back