how do i shutdown msm forever

V

vince1956

Im tired of that little bastard popping up everytime I boot up I want to kill that little sucker forever...help.....:mad:

Open MSN messenger and go to the options. UNTICK load at startup.. & voila! ;) :D

Also goto Outlook Express options (if you use it) again UNTICK load msn messenger.

:D :D :D :D

Stuy B

You can uninstall messenger. Go to Start> Run> Type in:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

I don't recommend this though... It will probably affect your Outlook Express performance. I do what stuy_b suggests myself. That dirty little, ahem, 'fatherless child,' has it's grubhooks in OE real good.

Open Messenger> Tools> Options> 'preferences' tab. Untick the first two options. (see first half of attachment).

Open Outlook Express> Tools> Options> 'general' tab. Untick the fourth item. (see second half of attachment).

Now the only time it should run is when you open Outlook Express... but then only in the background with a little red 'x' on it and it will close out when you close OE.

Thanks Lonman....That little sucker is gone forever. I chose the registry hack. It worked out great. No problems with outlook express...:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back