How do I set up router for 1 ip address

L

Lou

I have two computers networked at home using Windows XP Home ed. Both have NIC cards in them and I have a Linksys BEFSR41 Router. Is it better to have two IP addresses from my COX cable isp or use 1 ip address for both. I like to play UT with my kids on the computers. If the 1 IP is better How do I set up the 1 ip address for both computers.?

With the router you only need one IP. Simply follow the directions in the router manual for setting it up.

JJB6486

By default, if you setup the workstations to use DHCP for their respective network card properties (as in the manual), they should communicate fine with each other, so you can play your games. The router will get its needed address from your provider. Plus, the router only needs one address (hence the point of using it for most people) to get many machines online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back