How do I restore all of the recycle bin in msdos?

Quartersndimes

Complete Genius. . .
Hi, all. Kinda havent been on in awhile. I acquired this old, Compaq Armada 4120 laptop. It has windows 95. It was full of crap, so i started cleaning it out of useless files. Unlike the newer windows, this one does not hide "hidden" files. I accidentally deleted more than one vital file off the drive, and i would like to know how to restore all of the recycle bin. This has a catch: i can't go past MS-DOS. I can type in

C:\RECYCLED

and it will come up with the folder. The only thing is that I cannot restore all these files at once. I know where they all came from, so i can restore them one by one. But this takes time. I was wondering if there was a way for me to restore them all. Oh, and they all came from the same location: C:\. Yep. Just the root directory. All I need is the command. Help would be great.

Last edited:
you can also try xcopy instead of the copy command, or move instead of copy

um, ya. It doesnt rename the files back to their original names. My OS still wont boot. What now?

I think you miss the bootfiles or they are in the wrong position (?) on the drive. I believe there is a doscommand something like mksys.com that reinstalls the bootfiles without formatting the drive first. Not sure though, I haven't used DOS in ages...

you can download mksys.zip here: http://www.emmet-gray.com/Programs/MKSYS.zip

Make a system (bootable) disk

Mksys is designed to operate similarly to the SYS.COM command from DOS. However, unlike the DOS counterpart, this version will allow you to choose the operating system to place on the diskette.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back