How Do I Repair Windows

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
When i turned on my sons computer it has a file missing. So i have tried to repair windows from my xp disk but it asking for a administrators password. Any clues to what it is !!

Unless you set one during install it is blank.

Have not set one just pressed return and it just goes to the next line and it says windows

then your good to go - would advise setting an admin pass though

but how do you go tried pressing return just says windows again on the next line

yes then it means you are at the right place

c:\windows <--- correct, enter the commands you need to replace/repaire the file/folder(s)

what is the right command and how do you type it in

How about we start from the beginning. What is the missing file?

Ok thanks here it is
Explorer.exe unable to locate component
Browseui.dll was not found

copy C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\browseui.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

copy that line - as long as the file in is the dll cache folder you should be fine - if not try

expand x:\I386\BROWSEUI.DL_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll - replacing x with the drive letter of your cd drive

edit: j79zlrbeat me to it :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back