How do I remove the TEXT below an icon

D

Dodisman

I would like to remove the text from below all the icons on my desktop...How do I go about doing this...If I try to just delete the text through properties it will not allow me to do that...Anyone have any suggestions??

lol I suppose b-man forgot his ascii for the day...

it should be alt+255

my desktop with no spaces... I just have to figure out how to space them better :) heh

Having Problems

I am having problems renaming them...It worked great for two icons but then on subsequent icons I get a message telling me that i already have an icon named <blank> and to enter another name...Any workarounds for this...There must be as I have seen lots of screenshots of people's desktops on this site and nobody seems to have text under their icons...thanks in advance

if u used the space method, try renaming the other icons using the Alt+255 method, or vice versa

sorry o_87... I was having an extended blonde moment

yes, hold down Alt and press 255. Also, make sure u press the numbers that are in the lower-right hand corner, not the ones in a straight row on top.

i'm having the same problem as Dodisman...

keeps telling me that i'm already using that
name...

i tried alt-0160, alt-255, and space (which just
reverts to what it was named before)

using xp pro

any help?

thanks...

heres the thing

if you have alt + 255 for all of them then only 1 will change to that

you have to keep incrementing alt + 255 (one instance... 2 instances so on so forth) and you will be fine...

make sure you do this... alt + 255 release alt... alt + 255 release alt... and so on and so forth..

thats the SIMPLE way of doing it :)

there are probably other ways to do it.. but I don't know em...

ahh, yes...

...excellent...

thanks!

i tried multiple spaces, but didn't
think to try several alts...

thanks again : )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back