How do i remove msn messanger ? And 10% Bandwidth question

P

psx2000

Ok first how do i remove msn from my system? I remember someone posting a command u put in the RUN LINE and it took out msn commpletley.

Also i read that windows reserves 10 percent slack of your Bandwidth and there was a way to stop it so windows dont hold back 10 percent. How do i do this?

Thanks your help is much appreciated.

try this to remove messenger:

Go to Start/Run, and type: "rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection BLC.Remove 128 %SystemRoot%\INF\msmsgs.inf"

without the ""

Found this on as well, although not sure it actually does anything!!

This is for broad band connections, though it might work for dial up.

Make sure your logged on as actually "Administrator".
Start->Run->type gpedit.msc
Expand the "Local Computer Policy" branch.
Expand the "Administrative Templates" branch.
Expand the "Network Branch".
Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left window.
In right window double-click the "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" setting.
On setting tab check the "Enabled" item.
Where it says "Bandwidth limit %" change it to read 0.
Effect is immediate on some systems, some need to re-boot. This is more of a "counter what XP does" thing. In other words, programs can request up to 20% of the bandwidth be reserved for them, even with QoS disabled.

I have at home a link that will take care of this. I have three systems running XP pro and used it to remove MSN from two of them it works like a charm. when I get home in the morning I will post the link.

Got to this link and follow the directions. It will unistall MSN from XP but make sure you use a text editor like note pad not Word

If you have XPSP1 you can do all of this through the nifty new program manger that allows you to add/remove (almost) ALL Windows components, including Messenger. I have not had any problems using this method. I also used it to remove MSN Explorer and IE6 (P.O.S.!).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back