How do i remove metal standoffs?

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
i have some extra standoffs in a case i want to remove. any advice on how?

use a some plyers and you have to unscrew them. Or you can se4e if you have a tool that will fit and you just unscrew them.

AudioSlayer said:
use a some plyers and you have to unscrew them. Or you can se4e if you have a tool that will fit and you just unscrew them.
In other words, unscrew them :D

i had to actually hammer them out. it was really easy. thanks for all the help. hopefully the next motherboard will not short out. i've taken all the excuses out of the case. also can someone tell me what size rubber washers i can use when i screw in the new mobo?

Taggert_LOA said:
i had to actually hammer them out. it was really easy. thanks for all the help. hopefully the next motherboard will not short out. i've taken all the excuses out of the case. also can someone tell me what size rubber washers i can use when i screw in the new mobo?

The same thickness as the stand offs. I have a cludge i use....

The top half of the tiny bulb sockets on christmas lites are about the right diameter. So I cut them off an old dead string. Slice them to the right height, run a screw into the bottom through the case and then run a screw through the MB into the top. Elcheapo insulated standoffs!

(Yes, I need to get a life, but my wife won't let me.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back