• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do i remove icon text from xp?

MeFo

el mafioso
try to use a space for the icon name...wait, won't work
go to the Character Map, and look for the blank space one ( ALT+0160 according to my key config)
there you will have a nameless icon, but still, it will have the borders of the blank name... :(

here is what i do.
1. Rename the shortcut on your desktop, as name use alt + 255.
2. remember for every shortcut you need to type alt +255 again, so the first shortcut will be named alt +255 and the second alt +2 55 +alt + 255.
3. you will now have only the icons.
4. to remove the colored box beneath the icon use a program like tweakxp or booostxp. to make icon text transparent.
5. Enjoy!!!

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Got stuck on the recycle bin. Have you got that tweak handy for adding rename to the right click? I think I'll have to do that first then remove the name.

yoyo

I have:

open regedit and find the key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF
040-5081-101B-9F08 -00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder.
Select this, on the right there's a binary value called Attributes. Rightclick it, 'modify'. Instead of 40 01 00 20 it should read 50 01 00 20 to have a 'rename' option. In XP, you'll also need to edit the dword string called "CallForAttributes" there. Set it to 0x00000000 (0)

thanks yoyo :D for explaining my maybe not so clear way of working. And yes this will work with all the icons on your desktop. Use the reg for the recyclebin. And a tip use copy and paste os that you cut down the times you type alt + 255. I did it to all of my 30 icons. Hell of a job but it looks good :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin