How do I overclock a Athalon 700 CPU

G

glorydays

Can someone tell me step by step how I can overclock my Athalon 700 CPU I have no Idea where to even start do do someting like this You can eamil me at glorydays@ameritech.net

First thing first... Athlon is a rather broad term... There's Athlon "Classics",,, which are SlotAs... There's Athlons with the Thunderbird core which are SocketAs... Then There's Athlon XPs with the Palamino core... The Thorobred core is going to be released soon... You got Athlon...

The first step is to figure which Athlon you have... If it's 700mhz you can only have a Classic or T-Bird... It's easy to tell the difference between these two... Does the CPU fit "flat" with the motherboard or is it in a slot like a pci card...

If its a slot you can remove the plastic shell and plug in a "Goldfinger" device to change the multiplier... If it's a T-Bird then you need a board that allows mutilpier changes and you need to connect the "L1" bridges with a lead pencil...

Do a search at tomshardware for unlock athlon or overclock athlon...

Just a note of caution, overclocking with the pencil method is very risky as you can easily fry your chip !!!!

You could try putting PC133 memory in and then increasing the fronside bus, should you manage to get it to 133 this would give you a clock speed of 7x133 = 931

This is unlikey to run very well ( if at all ) so start with the smallest possible increase, run the machine for a while, see if its stable. If it is then go for the next increase, run it, etc etc

You will probably have to increase your'e cooling as well, so a mother of Processor fans would be a good idea.

athlon 700?

the athlon 700 is more than likely the old ones with the 512kb external cash, there fore i dont think you can change the fsb,above 133.it might only do 100 but im not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back