how do I overclock a 850mhz P III?

R

Razorwing

how do I do it? I can get into my bios but I can't select the speed of it.. and my comp is an HP ( HP 8772C to be exact ) No manual was given to me 'bout my mothercard.. so can someone help me? I wanna get it to atleast 900mhz or 1 gig

[edit] its an AMD Athlon btw

well why in the heck is the thread called "how do I overclock a 850mhz P III"???? and its Motherboard* :p

Originally posted by Krux
well why in the heck is the thread called "how do I overclock a 850mhz P III"???? and its Motherboard* :p

huh ? all I wanna do is to overclock... help?

there might be jumpers on the motherboard to adjust the front side bus, but with that brand of PC, overclocking was not an included feature.

how do I overclock a 850mhz P III?
Umm dude pentium 3s are made by intel....

Most oem's like your HP are stuck that way the bios is very limited and gives no options as you saw yourself , and your motherboard will be like most prepackaged name brands oem and will have nothing great....but you might be lucky if that board was used for a higher rated cpu...for that go look around at HP see what you can find ie: the .pdf manual for a start any maybe a bios update

Originally posted by Razorwing
so what do I do after I read it?

Come to the realisation that you've got a motherboard that won't overclock, and then spend $100 on getting a half decent one. :D

Do a search of "softFSB" or cpuFSB on this forum to see your other option.

Originally posted by jumpy
Come to the realisation that you've got a motherboard that won't overclock, and then spend $100 on getting a half decent one. :D

Do a search of "softFSB" or cpuFSB on this forum to see your other option.

but first learn to differentiate an amd from an intel

so u have an amd cpu?...ur thread title is VERY misleading if u ask me

this is just in my case... it has nothing to do with razorwing..

makes me very angry that a lot of ppl (in my case) only heard of 'intel pentiums', and they think they're the best cause they've got the 'PENTIUM 4'.... and don't know any else about their comp

then i tell them the AMD athlon xps at the same clock speed are faster than the p4s in some cases and they'll say 'wtf is AMD??'

Deepblade whatever you do don't mention SIS ,Nvidia or ATI then. You may stroke out.

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
so u have an amd cpu?...ur thread title is VERY misleading if u ask me

ok ok... I have an AMD Athlon.. I accidently called it a PIII.. I am sorry for that.

I wish people would at least do a little research on a particular problem instead of posting a question expecting that their problem be solved for them...

Dude, at least TRY to get educated a little and read up on what your trying to do then try it yourself....dont just ask for directions.
:eek:

Originally posted by Black_Pride
I wish people would at least do a little research on a particular problem instead of posting a question expecting that their problem be solved for them...

Dude, at least TRY to get educated a little and read up on what your trying to do then try it yourself....dont just ask for directions.
:eek:

since people aren't getting me anywhere I'm just going to leave the post behind.. [period]

olright, well we've basically already said, if u buy a comp from hp, they've probably set it so u can't OC it........ and so u should buy a "half decent mb" with any money u have if u really want to OC ur athlon

my compaq, it says 850 mhz athlon on the side panel sticker but it came with a 900 hehe hahah. oh well... it's pretty much considered 'slow' now.... according to today's standards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back