How do I make new IE6 browser windows start Maximized?

J

jww13

see topic :]

I'm sick and tired of maximizing all the windows that popup when I click on links from AIM or MIRC or IE. Can you make new windows always start Maximized?

thanks

pop one up, drag it to full size, exit IE, start IE back up, that should do it...if I remember right. :)

I think you have to click one link deep, then it remembers cuzz if u just open it then close it it don't know you did anything to it.

But I want it maximized, not just resized as big as it can go (sorry it's just an obsession i've had since windows 3.1 to have everything maxmized!)

i had same problem, i also like it maximized all the time. so i just thought of a way. if i'm correct u usually open it from link in quick launch. right click on IE icon and go to properties. there in run change it to maximized and click ok. that should do it.

all right to tell you the truth.. the easiest way is to open the IE windows and maximize just like xsiv said.. and close and reopen SHOULD do the trick...

the problem is the bloody thing does NOT maximize all the time.... I know that's furstrating... there should be an option in the tools/options thingy in IE to allow us to open all windows maximized...

another thing that messes this setup is some pop-ups that dont open maximized and fuj up what yer doin...

anyhow.. try out a few different things... I don;t know of any registry settings that will allow you to force all windows to open maximized...

:)

if you open IE with a shortcut, edit the shortcut so it opens always maximised... For an automatic opening, the open-maximize-close is the only way i know

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back