How do i lower ping rate in xp

O

oO ShifterZ Oo

i put this here too just to see if someone in the gaming section will know, this is also posted in the internet/network forum.

Well i was wondering everytime im in a game my ping get high, and i was wondering how do i lower my ping, is there a tweak or something, i already put my speed to 11500. The game im talkin about is Counter-Strike - Tribes 2 - RTCW - if anyone wanted to know, Plz let me know if you know, cuz i want to lower my ping by not spending that much.

eg. cable / dsl - future........

Reply again

I may not be the first to say but its not good practice to post the same question in different rooms but for anyone who wants this help and has not read it in another room here is a link for tweaking modems in win xp

Just what your looking for, i hope it helps improve things

http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/w...dem/index.shtml

ok, this may be a stoopid question, BUT, what benefit is it to lower the ping rate?

The ping is the latency between you and the server so if your ping is lower then the reaction time between you and the server will be much quicker.

If you have HIGH pings....

With a high ping, you will find it hard to enjoy the game. You walk around feeling as though someone has tied some bricks to your feet, gameplay will not be smooth,you'll find yourself stuck and unable to move, or you might walk forward but a few seconds later you're back to where you were before this really spoiles the online gaming experience.

Also in the reply to the above post i went to have a look at the tips at the site link but i had to look alot harder when i got there for the correct page so to save you all the trouble here it is
http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,78060,00.asp.

Whats going on with this stupid link !

Stupid link copys ok in reply but when posted it screws it up link is....Correct link here for some reason did not copy correctly.

pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,78060,00.asp,
or type the missing parts in article/0,aid,78060,00.asp

There are lot of benefits available.
Ping is very important one when you are playing games through online and it's varying in different games.It's related to your internet speed.If you ping rate is high,your internet speed also low and you can't play any game.So you will need to decrease ping rate.According to me,lower ping is better solution.You can check whether your ping rate is low or high using Whoisxy.com

Holy thread Resurrection, Bat Man ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back