How do I limit access to a specific HD?? Folder?

850-R

I just upgraded to XP Pro about a week ago. I want to essentially lock a hard drive when all other users but myself get onto my computer. I have 2 HDs (1 NTFS, 1 FAT32) both have 2 partitions (4 total). I would really like to make them not even appear on the limited users screen so that they cant get to them at all. Also I would like to know how to do this with a specific folder.

Thanks
850-R

If you are using NTFS you can just go into the security permissions and remove all accounts but your own. Then only way to access them is when logged in under your name and password.

If you turn off "Simple file sharing", you get a lot of options that you could use.
Open Explorer. Tools>Folder Options>View
Scroll to the bottom and uncheck "Use Simple file sharing"

FolderGuard is a good app., lets you hide, limit to read only or deny access to folders AND drives.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back