how do i know if my xp has the blacklisted key? *plz help*

H

husk24

hi guys

i have windows xp pro - corp edition
i want to know how to find out if my xp key in blacklisted before i install xpsp1. could somebody kindly send me some step by step instructions plz.

i have heard rumours that microsoft will be checking xp keys in october - what is likely to happen if someone has installed xpsp1 on a blacklisted xp version? will the uninstall version still work? or will they do something to disable that too?

thanks in advance
dave

sorry mate no illegal **** on here but have a product key viewer somewhere on da site

Check the post below :)

Have you tried this ??

Open My Computer

Hit help on the top toolbar

Then; is this copy of windows legal ?

Hey husk24, did you buy your copy of XP??? If you did there don't worry, but you say it's a corporate edition. How did you get it is it from work or from a friend's work??? If you got it illegally then buy a Product Key from MicroSquish. :D

if you bought it don't worry.. but by the sounds of thing u didn't... why don't u just buy it?

Load sp1. It will tell you soon enough.

I've never noticed that before TwoZigzagColt45. How do you get rid of it?

I walked into that one.

small-biggrinshoot.gif

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I've never noticed that before TwoZigzagColt45. How do you get rid of it?

Just move the mouse away from it :p

jk

I have no idea how to remove it :confused:

if you find out before me, post it in tips & tweaks

:cool:

its a corp version which i bought a copy from a friend - it doeasnt have the popular FCK... key number. its a diffirent number. i have installed xpsp1 on it and everything was ok. but i uninstalled it because i dont know what will happen in oct when microsoft starts checking. thats why i wanna know whats most likely to happen in oct if u have a pirate key. i dont even know whether my key will be ok or not. ..as far i am aware if u have a key with a 40 in it or something like that - u r ok. can somebody plz explain this

thanks
dave

If the copy you bought from yer friend is from his job/work/corporation then you should not have to worry about it. But if you uninstalled it (I assume you are saying that you uninstalled SP1, yes?) then leave it like that or reinstall SP1 since I think you have a legit Corp Key you shouldn't have any problems.

Hell, ask you friend where it came from. Then you'll know. :)

if sp1 was installed then ya got no probs!!! sp1 cheaks ur key when it installs,not in october as u seem 2 think. if it installs ya got no probs,enjoy:p

Originally posted by Henyman
sp1 cheaks ur key when it installs,not in october as u seem 2 think.
its true Henyman

As Windows Update will also now be checking keys, Microsoft can deny access to updates even if SP1 has been successfully applied on a system whose key is subsequently determined to be compromised

Windows Update, by the way, will not be validating product keys until 2nd October

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/26812.html

ahh i thought it already was as soon as sp1 was realesed. ahh well,the only real way is to wait.

do you think microsoft will able to do something drastic like - completely disabling your xp system or will u just not be able to install future updates if the key is a pirated one?

i supose they could disable ur system,but 2 do that ud have 2 download a prog...now who would do that?:p

u will not be able 2 install future updates if u have the fck...key or various outher keys.

u may be o.k. micro$oft don't advertise key's that are blocked outher than saying "known key's" or similar. (i.e they don't say whole key's)

u will have 2 wait + see if ur not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back