How do I get TV-Out????

S

sondgerothja

I've got an Nvidia Geforce4 MX420 64mb w/TV-out

The TV-Out connection is S-Video.

My TV doesn't have a S-video connection :( , so I bought a converter that takes the s-video signal and converts it into a RF (normal cable connection) signal...but...

Problem is that I can't get NView to recognize that I've got the TV connected. I really want to be able to watch movies and use winamp visualizations on my TV, but I don't really know anything about it. Is there a registry setting I can set to force it to use the TV out? Possibly some software I could download? This is the first video card I've had with TV-Out, so I'm completely clueless. :confused:

Any and all help is appreciated!

does your tv have composite video (the yellow rca jack)? if so, your video card should have came with a simple adapter to go from s-video to composite video. if it didn't, you should be able to find one pretty cheap... or you can buy mine for whatever it costs to mail it to you.. i'll never use it.

try

right click desktop
properties
settings
advanced
nview
clone mode/h. span/v. span

i have a question about this also im about to get a radeon 9700 with tv out and im going to connect t to a 32 inch tv is there anyway i can set it up where when i turn my computer on it automatically shows on the tv without having to do anything manually?

Originally posted by bhxtyrant
i have a question about this also im about to get a radeon 9700 with tv out and im going to connect t to a 32 inch tv is there anyway i can set it up where when i turn my computer on it automatically shows on the tv without having to do anything manually?

mine does that
i run it in clone mode

dunno bout radeons tho

sondgerothja: Make sure the cable is plugged in when you start the computer. Also I think taurus ideas is better than your converter if you have a composite in connector.

bhxtyrant: My nVidia:s do this if I have the TV connected at startup. If I want to watch movies on the TV (which isn't close to the computer). I just turn it off, move it and plug it in the TV and turn on. Voila, TV picture!

Well, thanks for so many replies, but......

- TV doesn't have ANY connection other than the normal cable "Ant In"

- When I try to set NView to "Clone", the options aren't even there. (I can see them, but I can't choose them).

I think I should at least be able to choose the clone and other options. Is there a way to force the video to do it in the registry?
Again, thanks for the suggestions/help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back